Quad shock bolt size question

93_coupe

May 6, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have a 1989 Mustang GT that I bought last year for 2k with a new crate engine in it and a destroyed third member and axle tube, got all that fixed and upgraded the rear suspension with UPR double adjustable upper rear control arms and single adjustable lower control arms, the car did not have the quad shocks when I bought it but the brackets were all still in place so I need to know the size of the bolt for the quad shock mount at the axle tube bracket, I am hoping someone has these lying around so I can get the proper length and shank size and if possible the thread pitch would be great thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I understand that I can set up the adjustable control arms to eliminate wheel hop but I am not concerned with the 10 pounds of weight between the shocks and brackets and at current adjustment I had violent wheel hop at the track and don't want to readjust since I had the alignment done, I have upper and lower torque box reinforcements as well bolted and welded into place and I have a 5 lug conversion with '99 Mustang GT wheels and brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires that fit and run fine with the quad shocks so I don't need the clearance either. I can get the car to hook up fine just want to install the quad shocks to help with the wheel hop until I get into a new house with a garage. Really miss the garage living in a condo, Been since August last year and I hate not being able to just run out in the garage and work on it, hell I removed the dash and replaced my heater core sitting in the car with the doors and windows closed and only got out and opened the hood when I was ready to, still got it done in about 6 hours in my a/c car but what a pain!