Quality Suspension set up for $500?

• Sponsors (?)

K-Frame requires pulling the whole engine correct? How do coil overs reduce weight, from what I can tell Mustangs just use those Coil-Over sleeve deals.. which I still haven't quite figured out yet.

No you support the engine from the top (hoist) or bottom ( between the motor and tranny with board and jack) Then unbolt it and lower it.

I will be installing a tubular k member, tubular A-arms and coilovers along with caster camber plates next week end. That's if my damn shippment ever gets here.

gutting the car will just make it look like a ricer POS!!!

+1:nonono:

you need coil overs to make it handle great. shocks/springs will be good but as far as weight reduction you're justwasting your time!

Where the weight savings comes is when you use coilerovers with tubular A-arms and k member. Since most don't have stock spring perches.

1. Get some Bilsteins. My Tockico Illuminas did NOT ride with the same smoothness as the Bilsteings no matter what setting I put them on.

2. If you're looking for near stock ride quality without the Ford "C" spring harshness, go for the Ford "B" springs. I absolutely love mine. Here in Houston a car needs to have some shock absorbing ability without jolting the driver. It stands a little higher than the C's but they feel much better for everyday driving. My car looks like it still has the C springs but my butt thanks me for replacing them :)

good luck!

K-Frame requires pulling the whole engine correct? How do coil overs reduce weight, from what I can tell Mustangs just use those Coil-Over sleeve deals.. which I still haven't quite figured out yet.

The coil spring in the stock A-arm weighs more than a coilover spring and coilover kit (the "sleeve deals"), so it weighs less. With an aftermarket tubular A-arm you'll lose more weight on top of that. Also, when you reduce the weight of the spring you are reducing unsprung weight slightly, which will help in handling kinda