Radiator Cover is Finished!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Finally got around to detailing this thing before sticking the decal on it!

First pic is alone. Second is just set in place..not screwed down. Im gonna be doing some stuff with Rog and Vib next week, So Ill wait till then to actually fasten it on. That decal is mirror reflective, and it is very hard to photograph it with the light at different angles.

RC

663122RadiatorCover5.jpg

663115Engine-RadCover1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

looks good... btw, does anyone know where i could pick up a new one for cheap, the little flap that goes over the headlight on mine broke off and theres a little crack on the top of it

urban96 said:
looks good... btw, does anyone know where i could pick up a new one for cheap, the little flap that goes over the headlight on mine broke off and theres a little crack on the top of it

I'll give you mine if you want, Im buying one of those chrome raidator covers from UPR so that and my plastic radiator cover will be gone. I havent bought it yet but if you dont find one by the time I get that then I'll just give you mine.

Looks :nice: RC. How did you get the cover that black? Paint it with some left over fusion paint? I'm looking for something to do/clean up my cover to make the engine bay more appealing.

1105 said:
Looks :nice: RC. How did you get the cover that black? Paint it with some left over fusion paint? I'm looking for something to do/clean up my cover to make the engine bay more appealing.
Actually, had to shell out for a NEW CAN :bang: :nonono: :rlaugh:

I light-sanded it first with 180 grit to remove old worn plastic and roughen up the surface a bit, then wiped it down really well, then used about 4-coats of fusion.

If you hold the fusion close, it comes out shiny. If you hold it a little further away, it will look more like it does in the pic.
RC

any of you guys know if they make silver/grey fusion. i work at a hardware store that sells the stuff but we can't get it or at least i can't find a company that has it.

1105 said:
isn't 180 grit a little to course or did you barely apply pressure to it? I was thinking more like 400 grit would be the best for that.
Used 180 grit and very light pressure...there is still some older paint on there, and the finer grits got clogged too quickly.

I havent seen any gray or silver yet...WOuld be nice for a silver metallic to paint some of the interior plastic stuff..

RC