rumor? cnl lower intake for 2v

COLFLAG said:
I used to work at the Navy Base in Lakehurst and wore out several credit cards buying parts for for the 5.0's that I owned from the Motorsport Parts Department at Downs. I still touch base there once in a while with Joe Amato the Motorsports Parts Manager and he mentioned it in an email last week . As I said I have no details yet on price, configuraation or when it will be available just the promise from Joe is good enough for me tho.

were u in the navy? i was for 4 and a half yrs and i went there on leave once. are u still locted in nj?

• Sponsors (?)

brian98gt said:
were u in the navy? i was for 4 and a half yrs and i went there on leave once. are u still locted in nj?

No I spent my uniform time in Army green but I worked as a civilian for the Navy at Lakehurst. I live in PA just across the river from trenton .

Really. I think the amount of people looking for a 4.6 2V intake a just a *LITTLE* bit more than the 2 people looking to put a twin screw on a 5.4 4V. :rolleyes:

I want intakes! :D

COLFLAG said:
I know nothing at all about the C&L rumor of a new manifold but I do know for certain that a very performance oriented Ford dealership on the east coast ( ok central Jersey, ok still not enough Toms River NJ oh alright Downs Ford) is about to bring out their own manifold for the 2v 4.6 engine. I have no details on when or pricing or configuration I just know that is is about to happen .

:OT: but didn't downs lose their svt dealership license? But, still, I would believe Joe would out an aftermarket intake, but last I talked to him, they ony had the bullit intake :shrug:

i wonder if the 05 gt will have a plastic intake, or will they put something new on. i f they go with the 3v heads, i would think they would need a new intake design. hopefully they can both be swapped and hopefully the use aluminum

The Down's one sounds interesting ;)

Does anyone remember the aftermarket plastic intakes that came out awhile back??? I'm looking into a N/A setup, and unless the newer intakes become a lil more affordable, I'm looking elsewhere :(

So, does anyone know anything about an aftermarket plastic intake?

-Will

brian98gt said:
i never heard of a plastic one. if there is a plastic one thats probably why no one has heard of it. who wants a plastic intake to replace the plastic intake

If it was priced similar to a replacement stock intake but gave us more power then I think a lot of people would buy it

i think at least 50% of the people looking for a new intake is for strength over the plastice one for forced induction. the other half wants power and looks. i never heard of the r/r plastic and probably because there either is none, or it didn't work that well.

I think plastic can be plenty strong for Forced induction up to a point. Larger runners and tuned to the right lenght. On n2o applications the plastic is not bad unless you hit the limiter or get fuel puddling. It is also bad on aluminum, but is more forgiving. I have still seen aluminum intakes blown apart. If there is not flex in the block I don't know what would crack plastic. Plastic would be cheaper, no doubt.
You cannot port plastic like Aluminum, so what you get is it...
I think it was RR that first released a plastic prototype, whoever it was , there were a limited number.

MGTConv00 said:
:OT: but didn't downs lose their svt dealership license? But, still, I would believe Joe would out an aftermarket intake, but last I talked to him, they ony had the bullit intake :shrug:

I don't think they lost their license they are still advertising and selling Ford Motorsport parts and other performance parts. Joe DID mention that they are no longer doing installs of performance parts there. I had asked him about doing a rear install and reflash He said they are sending all that work to "Outrageous Mustangs" ( Ithink that was the name of the place and if my memory serves me that is the shop that is or at least used to be run by Dwayne Guthridge

COLFLAG said:
I don't think they lost their license they are still advertising and selling Ford Motorsport parts and other performance parts. Joe DID mention that they are no longer doing installs of performance parts there. I had asked him about doing a rear install and reflash He said they are sending all that work to "Outrageous Mustangs" ( Ithink that was the name of the place and if my memory serves me that is the shop that is or at least used to be run by Dwayne Guthridge
Yea I believe thats the place. All I know is that a Dealership within 5min from my house is about to start selling motorsport parts and SVT vehicles. :flag: