Running a flaming river manual rack on a street/strip car

I'll check your ride out at the Ford Nationals at carlisle, I'm always there. I did a Ford factory manual rack (only cause I lucked into it) remember ford did this to these cars and expected little old ladies to drive the pigs, manual steering is awesome, didn't you ever have a Chevette, or a Colt? they were a breeze. I have a 68 Chevy truck with manual steering, you wanna talk about a freggin arm builder, wow, I coverted that baby to p/s asap.

• Sponsors (?)

gearheadboy said:
I'll check your ride out at the Ford Nationals at carlisle, I'm always there. I did a Ford factory manual rack (only cause I lucked into it) remember ford did this to these cars and expected little old ladies to drive the pigs, manual steering is awesome, didn't you ever have a Chevette, or a Colt? they were a breeze. I have a 68 Chevy truck with manual steering, you wanna talk about a freggin arm builder, wow, I coverted that baby to p/s asap.

hey gearheadboy, how's the aod working out for ya? have ya got her on the street yet?

I found new TRW manual racks at:

http://www.stangparts.com/

It's on the third page of the front suspension parts listing in their product inventory.

It's only $169. Unless someone tells me that a flaming river weighs 20 lbs less, that is what I will use.

Now I just have to decide on the shaft. They also sell a universal joint adapter for the manual rack. Will that replace the rag joint? If it does, I'll get that instead of the flaming river shaft kit.

If that's all I need, I'll have a manual steering conversion and ditch the rag joint for about $250.