Short throw shifter, What do you guys have?

stangbear427 said:
I disagree- but on the other hand I may just be expounding upon your "in some form or fashion". Putting an aftermarket shifter on doesn't mean you won't ever grind a gear again (or get locked out for that matter, since I got locked out of third regularly with my Tri-Ax); however, I think that when it grinds or doesn't go in cleanly it's more from an error operating the clutch- not necessarily that you "missed a gear" with a bad shift. Maybe with the stock T5, because [they suck] the 2nd and 3rd gates are so far apart; but on my TKO my Pro5.0 absolutely won't miss even if I try to make it. As long as the clutching is done right, it goes right in every time at any speed and any angle no matter how bad the technique on the shifter is. Don't time or feather the clutch just right though, and the technique at the shifter had better be perfect or it's time to strain the glitter out of the fluid :rolleyes:
Granted, if there is anything at all wrong with the tranny internals or the clutch then all bets are off regardless of your shifting prowess or how great your shifter is...

That is exactly what I was stating...I was simply stating that with the addition of a shifter you can still miss a shift. I never said the shifter made it harder or easier...it is driver error...and isn't based on the shifter...because you got to use that left foot :nice: It isn't all about that right hand...

• Sponsors (?)