SN95 6-disk in a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

I have yet to see a classy looking aftermarket unit. They all look ricey and attempt to look "space age" which IMHO, looks terribly out of place in a Fox.

I switched back to an OEM tape deck in my Fox. Sounds like crap but it works and doesn't look like I stole it out of a teenager's Civic.

nakamichi head units are the closest to stock looking units and are unmatched in sound quality of performance.
Amazon.com: Nakamichi CD-500 - Radio / CD / MP3 player - Full-DIN - in-dash - 47 Watts x 4: Electronics
Just one option of their units

I def like it!! My free radio has took a turn for the worse, the volume knob is screwed up, it will only turn to max, will not come down, what a pisser :(

So are You gonna get a new one?

What about the Mach mp3 radio? Ugly IMHO, but will play mp3 disks and no eject issues like the cd6.

Company still hasn't shipped the 71-5700 harness to me. Can't do any of the wiring until I get this. Gotta call them and see what the deal is and maybe cancel and get from somewhere else.

I'm gonna hit the JY for a plain am/fm radio, I am going to attempt to change the volume control , looks like a little soldering would take care of the problem as long as I can get the radio apart :)

How could I mount one of the other style radio's in the slot, the kind that remove with the tools on each side. There is a nice one of those in a F150 I saw the other day

I saw those. Not quote sure how it would mount. I used the lip around my cd-6 to hold mine, but those radios don't have the lip. You might need to use the side braces from the dash kit.

Some of those radios are 3-wire radios with sub hookups. I know the escapes have the Mach 300 radio and the f150s have the audiophile setup.

So make sire you grab a 2-wire setup, or a 3-wire if younwant to go the route I am taking with an aftermarket amp.

Btw, I saw a wiring diagram on another forum showing the extra wires as speed sensitive volume and steering wheel controls hooks.

I managed to get the face off the CD6 and with very little effort with the soldering gun I removed the factory knob, will be VERY tricky to get one removed and being able to re use it though. I emailed a place online that deals in factory stereo repair, hope they will sell me the part I need. In the meantime I am going to pick up one from a F150 tomm and take a look at the mounting options.

nakamichi head units are the closest to stock looking units and are unmatched in sound quality of performance.
Amazon.com: Nakamichi CD-500 - Radio / CD / MP3 player - Full-DIN - in-dash - 47 Watts x 4: Electronics
Just one option of their units

I would hope the sound quality is superb as they look ugly as sin...

Mustang5L5, nice work on getting it in there with minimal effort. It does look like it belongs in there but I still personally think it is not a very attractive looking HU.

I actually like it. I loved the Mach 460 in my 03 GT. And for 5 years it ejected CD's fine and i had an ipod interface with it. I actually like how it looks :shrug:

Anyway, had to order my 71-5700 harness from somewhere else. I think the place i ordered from is a SCAM. Been a week, doesn't show as shipped, nobody answers when I call, and no reply to my emails. It's either manned by 1 guy and he's on vacation, or they have no intention of shipping. Grrr. Gonna give em another day and then call up my CC and have them refund me

Kinda pissing me off because i have the amp, rca's, HU and speakers ready to go. I'd go to a junkyard and get some, but theres 2+ feet of snow in the yards near me

Are you going to be doing an ipod hookup again?

Yup..if i'm sucessful with this, I'm going to add the Ipod interface as well.

Shame i sold the one I had when I had my '03 GT. Wish i kept it now. :(

Hell, i was even thinking of putting in an 87-89 cruise wheel and wiring and tapping into the VSS to get working speed sensitive volume and steering wheel controls. :shrug:

One thing at a time though

And please don't anyone chime in and tell me i can do this all with aftermarket stuff. I know that. If you haven't realized this yet...i WANT to try and make this work.

Hell, i was even thinking of putting in an 87-89 cruise wheel and wiring and tapping into the VSS to get working speed sensitive volume and steering wheel controls. :shrug:

And please don't anyone chime in and tell me i can do this all with aftermarket stuff. I know that. If you haven't realized this yet...i WANT to try and make this work.
You can do all this with aftermarket stuff :shrug:

:runaway:

Lol

Well, second place just informed me harness is out of stock and discontinued. Other placed want $45 plus ship. I really don't want to pay $50 for two wiring harnesses, so I'm going to the junkyard. On hold until I do this

I would hope the sound quality is superb as they look ugly as sin...

Mustang5L5, nice work on getting it in there with minimal effort. It does look like it belongs in there but I still personally think it is not a very attractive looking HU.
More than most people can understand, they are meant to be plain and boring looking, always have

I wasnt recommending it for you, just giving it as a heads up

okay tell me what you need im sure i have it i have a dash wire harness from 2001 v6, and i have the amp part of my wire harness i purchased for my 2002 GT w/ mach 460 since i only used the power part of the harness and bypassed the crappy 460 amps. if i have what you need its yours pay shipping