SN95 6-disk in a fox?

okay tell me what you need im sure i have it i have a dash wire harness from 2001 v6, and i have the amp part of my wire harness i purchased for my 2002 GT w/ mach 460 since i only used the power part of the harness and bypassed the crappy 460 amps. if i have what you need its yours pay shipping

Thanks for the offer.

Basically It's three male plugs that plug into the back of the head unit. I don't need any of the amp plugs, just the head unit plugs. If it's a v6, it could have either the Mach or non-Mach setup, and I don't know if the non-Mach uses the same plugs.

Here's the back of the head unit. Need the three plugs that fit here
mach_rr.JPG

And here's where they come out of the dash harness. (ignore the aftermarket harness plugs). Looks like three black connectors coming from the main harness
50018d1219104107-need-help-asap-2002-mach-460-wiring-harness-56k-beware-tyler-118.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

okay i happen to have the same headunit ( sans cd changer working of course) I will take a look and see if the V6 has the same plugs on there. im thinking maybe but i will let you know

SO, i picked up a harness today at the junkyard. (Thanks S&B for the offer...very generous)

It was right up street from work and the Fords are kept up front, so i went on my lunch break (in shirt and tie mind you) and snipped a few harnesses up. Got one set from an explorer and another from a Lincoln LS. Guy even just let me have them

Got home and decided to use the explorer harness since Ford put some crappy foam gooey insulation crap on the LS harnesses all over. Some sort of noise reduction for the interior? :shrug:

Anyway, only need 2 of the 3 plugs. 1 plug has wiring for the speed volume and steering wheel controls. I might try and hook up the VSS later, but right now who really cares.

The explorer harness only had 4 wires in the "subwoofer" plug, so i simply took one of the plugs I didn't need and removed 4 pins and added them. Simple problem solved.

Now i have my harness. Time to solder up to my Metra 70-1770 Fox body Mustang harness.

plug on the right is what i used to pirate extra pins for my sub harness plug (one in middle)

Plug on far left is the main power + speaker plug. I'll wire in the power and OEM fox speakers here. This way, i'll use the fox wiring to power the tweeters front and rear. Only plan on using front tweeters in the dash locations for now, but want to leave the option open for the rear. SInce i have 90-93 rear panels, but using my 88 lap belts, the upper shoulder belt access hole would make a nice custom rear tweeter location

middle plug will be splices into some RCA's once i figure out how. This will be line out to my 4-channel amp. Will power door speakers and rear hatch speakers.

attachment.php

I REALLY wish i snagged a fox body radio harness while i was there. That way i can plug it into my custom adapter harness and wire in my bench power and grounds and such so i can test it on a bench first. Might go back after this latest snowstorm. They had a few fox 5.0's.

Attachments

• DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 802
In doing research, I found this.

Not a fan of the 2 radio setup, but interesting either way. Only details I have are guy used the factory amp from a 1993 in his 88.

52477d1222308865-1991-mustang-lx-am-fm-cassette-oem-replacement-stereo-88-re.jpg

Those snap in with the side pin device same as the late model F150, I have got to get one and see how it fits the opening after seeing that

Those snap in with the side pin device same as the late model F150, I have got to get one and see how it fits the opening after seeing that

I have very little details on how he wired it in. Might be pretty easy.

It's an 88. Guy said he got a 1993 factory premium amp, used the 6 speakers factory wiring and it all hooked up.

Seems too easy to be true. :shrug:

Okay, finished soldering up my hybrid harness.

attachment.php

Metra 70-1770 on one side (already had this with my old aftermarket radio) soldered into the oem plugs i clipped out of an explorer. Real easy to do..just speaker wiring and basic ground/power wiring. The speaker wiring will be running the 4 tweeters...front and rear. loose wire is a ground that grounds to the head units chassis. There is a ground tab there

On the other side, is the amp wiring. Square plug into the head unit and the RCA's are line out. Unfortunatelly, the Mach 460 is Mono out, so one RCA (white) is front channel and the other (red) will be the rear speakers. The single wire out of the harness is the AMP remote turn on.

From here out...it's just simple radio install. Install head unit and 4 tweeters and hook up amp and run wiring for the door and rear speakers and call it a day :shrug:

Attachments

• DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 563
That looks nice!

Okay, so was testing my wiring tonight. Checking the amp turn on wire and apparently the Mach 460 uses an 8v signal for turn on. I tested my setup, and I get 7.5volts on my amp turn on wire.

So, I gotta see if this works on my amp, or figure out a work-around.