North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors(?)

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Made just a little more progress this weekend. Wrapped a couple of the big exhaust pipes to cut down on radiant heat hitting the wiring and other things. Also wrapped the battery cable going to the starter. Installed the starter which involved removing the K member brace. Today I filled the engine and trans with oil. Got some new plugs and a drain tube for the turbo.
Next couple of things I have to do would be install the upper plenum and reinstall the power steering cooler that I removed when I put the turbo kit on. Also need to drain the fuel that is several years old. Bunch of little things.

Reactions: Dan_Soprano

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Draining the gas took some time. The fuel pump doesn't stay on when you turn the key on. Was hoping since it wasn't building pressure in the rail that the pump would keep running. I would have had to hook up a jumper wire somewhere to get the pump to stay on constantly. So instead I cycled the key off and on. It took cycling the key about 35 times to get 1 gallon of fuel out. I pumped out over 8 gallons over a couple of days.
I primed the oil pump and have everything hooked up. Right now I have a new rubber shifter boot ordered because the original is rotted away.
I think all that I have to do is put in fresh fuel and try to fire her up.

Reactions: 90sickfox

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Got it running today. Tapping noise coming from bellhousing. I thought something went wrong when I was bolting up the Trans to the engine. Well that will have to wait for another day. Don't feel like taking out the transmission myself while on my back. Probably tow it to my buddy's shop and have him work on it. Still have a couple other things to do first. At least it's running.

Last edited:
Reactions: 90sickfox

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Good time to burn them off before you get new ones.
Put the motorcycle up on ebay. Hopefully it sells. Could use the money help pay for a heat pump system for the house.

Last edited:

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Got it running today. Tapping noise coming from bellhousing. I thought something went wrong when I was bolting up the Trans to the engine. Well that will have to wait for another day. Don't feel like taking out the transmission myself while on my back. Probably tow it to my buddy's shop and have him work on it. Still have a couple other things to do first. At least it's running.
Any update? I have a fresh fully built C4 sitting on the bench at home, as well as a nice set of slicks and skinnies. Will start working with Coast High Performance here in a few weeks to start the 408w build so it's ready to ship by then time I get home in December.

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
No. Just added more gas to the tank yesterday so it should be full now.
Still sitting on jack stands. Thinking about getting a transmission jack and pulling the Trans out myself.
The jack is the only thing holding me back. Recent heat and humidity don't help either.
BTW I like your C4 idea. With the Trans brake and the right converter, that will be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Yes it would. You could build boost with the Trans brake on. I've got to much money in my car and Trans to even think about going auto.

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
Pulled the transmission today with my floor jack. Coming out was the easy part. Putting it back in sucked. Not sure why but one side of the pressure plate was hitting the bottom of the bell housing and causing that tapping noise. Took the pressure plate off and inspected it. Everything looked ok. I ground the spot on the bell housing just a little.
Transmission is back in. Now I have to reconnect various things and fill it with oil again before I can start the car. Hopefully every thing is good to go.

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
Maine
They can be a lot of fun and more consistent. As I've gotten older I prefer to sit back and let the transmission do the work.

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Well 408w long block has been on order for a few weeks now. Ended up going Coast High Performance, late model F4TE block, forged crank, H-beams, and pistons. Went with AFR-205 heads, and they will be doing a custom grind cam for me based on the car, trans and usage. Still deciding on what intake to order. Stuck between the Air Gap, and Super Vic right now. For fuel, looking at the new FiTech fuel injection system. If you haven't looking into them, check them out. A couple hundred more then a carb, no cold start issues, tuneable from a touch screen! Can't wait to get this project rolling. I'll be taking pics all the way, so hopefully can breath some more life into this thread. December 8th cant get here soon enough!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PERFECT_10th SSoM Members in Here!! Regional Forums and Event Information 12
Dan_Soprano SSoM / NEBOC get together Regional Forums and Event Information 97
PERFECT_10th SSoM Dyno Day at Performance Dyno, Concord, NH!!! Regional Forums and Event Information 40
D what is SSOM ? Regional Forums and Event Information 13
G New member, Fox body guy The Welcome Wagon 1
TNT2v New member The Welcome Wagon 4
C QA1 Coilovers and Suspension Components 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
G New member from the ATL The Welcome Wagon 1
L New member from south west florida The Welcome Wagon 1
T New member from Utah The Welcome Wagon 2
8 NEW MEMBER, Big block in a fox The Welcome Wagon 6
E Another New Member The Welcome Wagon 1
93FoMoCo New member with a new project The Welcome Wagon 3
S New old member The Welcome Wagon 4
T Hello Mustang Lovers! Long time reader, first time member. I have a 1967 Mustang coupe with a 200 CID engine. The Welcome Wagon 0
C New Member: 1990 GT Convertible 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 17
G Maximum Motorsports K-Member - On3 TT? 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
90sickfox Was This One Of Our Members...Ouch !!! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 48
S SN95 New Member The Welcome Wagon 3
M New member- Where to buy a red convertible top? The Welcome Wagon 1
D New Member Looking .. The Welcome Wagon 2
R New member looking for louvres 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 11
B New member Bubbanubs 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 7
C Engine Mount Bolt 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 2
R New member 2000 Mustang,looking for guidance. The Welcome Wagon 3
K New Member introduction 1990 Foxbody Hatchback The Welcome Wagon 1
B New member The Welcome Wagon 1
M New member, question about custom order times The Welcome Wagon 2
C New member taking all 2 cents 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 18
C New Member 87 Mustang Conv, GT The Welcome Wagon 1
ppost transmission cross member 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 3
gajos New Member and Mach 1 owner The Welcome Wagon 7
A New member from Ontario Canada, owner of a 2020 Mustang GT 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 1
I New Member 1965 mustang The Welcome Wagon 4
Gokie Pokie New Member from Charlotte NC The Welcome Wagon 4
DarkFox I'm a new stangnet member and I am removing the :poo:ty early 90's alarm system in my car. Northeast Ohio failure here. The Welcome Wagon 21
nelzfoxes Fox k member differences 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 17
P LA New 'Stang member The Welcome Wagon 2
C New returning member from Ft Lauderdale The Welcome Wagon 2
5 NEED ADVICE FROM COMMUNITY MEMBERS 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 8
R New member The Welcome Wagon 12
Serb New member from Vermont The Welcome Wagon 4
F new member 1965 Mustang Fastback GT A code 4 spd The Welcome Wagon 4
F New Portland member The Welcome Wagon 3
M New member, from Vancouver metro area and getting back collector cars, in British Columbia if you have a car 25 years old will qualify as a collector The Welcome Wagon 5
S New Member, Long Time Mustang enthusist. The Welcome Wagon 2
R Broken Engine Cross Member Bolt Classic Mustang Specific Tech 9
F New member from Va! 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 2
D New member 2019 GT 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 2
F Old Member Renewed The Welcome Wagon 7