Stupid speed limiter

tarch said:
your reply contains NO TECH response to his question.

please keep it tech... he asked about a speed limiter not how much he fsked up
And yours did?
icon_moon.gif

And there's plenty of technical info there...I explain how much distance he covers at a given speed. He titled the thread "Stupid speed limiter" - actually, compared to the driver, I think it's pretty damn smart. At least the car knew better.

• Sponsors (?)

cool vid, that stang was f'd up, was that just from hittin some one or did they hit somethin else too?

I'll race light to light or 20 over on the freeway IF its clear and only for a few seconds. Sometimes ya just go ya know? I agree racing 120+ isn't smart, but whatever. The chip is the only way, BUT if you get a chip and decide youre going to race over 120 make sure you got the correct speed rated tires yeah?

I completely agree. Anywhere over 120 is extremely unsafe. I'm not saying speeds under that are safe, but they are a bit more controllable of course.

Anyways, I dont understand why people like going that fast. Take it to the track, man.

Also, I hate hoe everyone trys to get me to race them. I really dont see the benefits of street racing. I dont want to run the risk of having reprocussions for it. Again, take it to the track.

you all are a bunch of dumb pansies. why does it matter if he wanted to race till 200mph its his car his life he said their was no cars around and even if he couldn't see 5 miles ahead of him i highly doubt he was planning on going 150 for 2 minutes are you all dumb who goes 150 for 150 for 2 minutes no one does. maybe F1 cars and nascar's. i got up to 150 racing a cadillac cts-v and once i got to 150 i let off 2 sec after getting to 150 no one gets to 150 and stays driving 150 for 2 minutes. no one says it crazy to watch them dragsters go up to 300+mph in 5 secs crazy not thats really stupid if you ask me but still people doit so back of the guy cause it really aint that serious

i bet if he drove a ford gt or a saleen or a cobra it would be fine cause i know like every cobra owner that has raced their cars to 150 + miles per hour. so you all pansies need to take a chill pill it aint all that serious we all brake the speed limit some more than others and just like you can die going 20mph u can also die going 150+.that times comes one day eventually so why does it matter. like he said their was no cars around so if he wants to die racing thats his darn choice we all have choices in life if anything he was going to hurt himself and the other racer but that it. they both would go out in life doing something they liked to do so what??????????

As long as the roads are empty and you want to take that chance then it is your life...

Yeah my 2000 Gt shut off at 120mph...the 5.0 don't though :nice: ...though its been a long time since I've been over 100mph...the closest I get is at the track (1000 ft. track I hit 97mph)...spinning the tires over in 4th gear... :D

Snoopy98 - Easy on the back to back to back to back post...

As long as the roads are empty and you want to take that chance then it is your life...

I agree with what you are saying but you never know what could come out on the road... hikers, little kids? You never know.

Anyone who thinks street racing is OK under ANY circumstances is a dumb ass. Nobody cares if you kill yourself, but chances are you will also kill some innocent, law abiding citizens. You don't have the right to put other people in danger just because of your stupidity. Take it to the track, if you have the balls.

Guys, regardless of whether anyone was on the road, driving that fast on public road without better safety equipment or having the road inspected first is just plain wrong. If you have a tire blowout, you are toast and the rest of us get to take the blame in the form of increased insurance, bad publicity (especially when it gets in the paper it was a mustang), etc... If you want to do 100, take it to the drag strip. If you want to do 150, take it to Silver State Classic or any one of several venues designed to let you drive as fast as you want. I will tell you that even in a heavily prepped Mustang in a controlled environment, 150 was a handful. At 165 I was getting religion when we hit a cross wind. If you are going that fast, get a Cobra 'R' wing. In your car, I shudder to think what it would be like at that speed.

As much as I love speed (my website is www.200mphmustang.com), I don't want to see anyone get hurt, especially innocent bystanders. If you find a road where you can do that kind of speed safely, put spotters out there, have communication so that if someone is coming, slow down. Inspect the road closely for debri, bumps, lose rocks, etc... Just use your head.

01LaserRedCobra said:

I agree with what you are saying but you never know what could come out on the road... hikers, little kids? You never know.

Well that is the risk you take...and you have to live with it...if you survive...

JonJon said:
It is OUR risk as well, what if they hit us or someone we know. :notnice:

Your not getting what I'm saying...in my "original" post...I meant if the road was LITERALLY empty...then he is taking his chances...but of course there are other variables that can present themself at any time...and if he were to hit someone in a non-literal empty road then he would have to live with it...if he lives at all...(this is besides the other party involved)...

Trust me...I am absolutely against "dangerous driving"...I won't be in a car with someone else driving at those speeds...I've had several friends since I graduated high school (just 2 years ago) die in seperate car wrecks...because of "not thinking"/ or alcohol related...so I know what it is like...

twogts4us said:
Agreed! This is just stupid. It's a shame they allow threads like this. :nonono:
ok MOM :rolleyes: , im sure you have never gone over 110 in your stang. I hate when ppl post stupid chit like this. Calm down and stop acting like you've never gone over fast or engaged in alittle competition on the street.

HoustonGT said:
ok MOM :rolleyes: , im sure you have never gone over 110 in your stang. I hate when ppl post stupid chit like this. Calm down and stop acting like you've never gone over fast or engaged in alittle competition on the street.
Makes me wonder what happened to your Mustang... :rolleyes:
I didn't 'act' or state that I never went fast, but I can assure you I never hit my speed limiter and I never will. Stupid is as stupid does.
Our society never ceases to amaze me. This young, 'I can never die', 'the world owes me something', 'you looking at me?' attitude continues to put our country in the gutter.

The reason people do not take it to the track is because most cant do 120+ through the 1/4 and I dont think ANYONE in here can get 140 MPH in the 1/4...not even the KB cobras can do that. Thats why we SOMETIMES run to 120 MPH...I have only ran someone to 125...a V6 accord coupe. (they run 14.5s @ 98 MPH) Passed him though from around 85-90 when we both really got into it...pulled around 1 and a half cars and then switched lanes (2 lane highway), but I started around a car behind him...both of us passing another car.It was fun, but I just couldnt leave any doubt in his mind LOL.