Stupid speed limiter

snoopy98 said:
you all are a bunch of dumb pansies. why does it matter if he wanted to race till 200mph its his car his life he said their was no cars around and even if he couldn't see 5 miles ahead of him i highly doubt he was planning on going 150 for 2 minutes are you all dumb who goes 150 for 150 for 2 minutes no one does. maybe F1 cars and nascar's i got up to 150 racing a cadillac cts-v and once i got to 150 i let off 2 sec after getting to 150 no one gets to 150 and stays driving 150 for 2 minutes no one says it crazy to watch them dragsters go up to 300+mph in 5 secs crazy not thats really stupid if you ask me but still people doit so back of the guy cause it really aint that serious also seeing that he was on a freeway the speed was probably 65mph so he would only have to go from 150 to 65mph with wind resistnace and braking that should be no problem on stock brakes in less than maybe 3 secanother thing im sure if he was going 150 and saw a tail light it would atleast be a mile away i don't know about your car's but mine wouldn't have any problems going from 150 to 0 in less than a mileyou all are a bunch of dumb pansies why does it matter if he wanted to race till 200mph its his car his life he said their was no cars around and even if he couldn't see 5 miles ahead of him i highly doubt he was planning on going 150 for 2 minutes are you all dumb who goes 150 for 150 for 2 minutes no one does. maybe F1 cars and nascar's i got up to 150 racing a cadillac cts-v and once i got to 150 i let off 2 sec after getting to 150 no one gets to 150 and stays driving 150 for 2 minutes no one says it crazy to watch them dragsters go up to 300+mph in 5 secs crazy not thats really stupid if you ask me but still people doit so back of the guy cause it really aint that serious
Snoopy's been smokin crack... :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

so what happens when you wreck at the track and people standing on the side or in the stands get hurt? whos fault is it then? surely not yours since you were at the track. personally, if the highway is empty, I.E no visible cars in front of me or to the sides and back, then i see no problem. if you dont hear me coming or see me coming and just wonder onto the highway your asking for it. the second i see any cars anywhere playtimes over. as a person the races on the street alot, like stoplight to stoplight nothing over 70mph or less given the environment, i think there need to be more sanctioned events for people to go to. the only ones around here are on tuesdays and the track prep sucks if they dont close because they dont feel like working. people think we just blame it on there not being somewhere to go, but really there isnt much place to race anymore.

nate

98laseredgt said:
so what happens when you wreck at the track and people standing on the side or in the stands get hurt? whos fault is it then? surely not yours since you were at the track. personally, if the highway is empty, I.E no visible cars in front of me or to the sides and back, then i see no problem. if you dont hear me coming or see me coming and just wonder onto the highway your asking for it.

:lol: it's always the victims fault

well, this thread will be locked soon enough. this arguing over excessive speeding happens all the time

This thread reminds me why I seldom visit or post on StangNet anymore. Street racing is illegal and dangerous. Worst of all, it is dangerous to law abiding citizens who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can not justify street racing under any circumstances, so quit trying.

jimfitzgerald said:
This thread reminds me why I seldom visit or post on StangNet anymore. Street racing is illegal and dangerous. Worst of all, it is dangerous to law abiding citizens who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can not justify street racing under any circumstances, so quit trying.
Doesn't matter man!
98laseredgt said:
if you dont hear me coming or see me coming and just wonder onto the highway your asking for it.

:nonono:

I was racing my friends 89 GTI with a modified VR6 motor and his race weight was just under 2200lbs. I was with 2 of my friends and 2 large bags lol I didnt think I would be racing that night. Ist go he accelerated over me but after 120 I passed him and let off about 135 without overdrive rpms were at 5190. 2nd run we took off at 70 and he walked us and was about 3 car lenghs. He was very impressed at what my car could do with all that weight and so was I lol. He has a mean car though. Still good run with around 500lbs of weight in my little ole stang hehe.

Ive personaly had my car at 130mph. i bought it used so i dont know if the limiter was taken off, but i would figure that 96s would be limited to a lot lower than that. I did it after i had it dropped on an extremely long and straight bridge going to Robert Moses beach (if any of you are familiar with the long island area). its a perfect place to do that, long, protected on both sides by deviders and its a bridge over a stretch of water...nothin is going to jump out in your way. anyway, at 130 the steering got a little light, im sure i could have pushed it to 140, but had no desire to. do early mods not have limiters? either way, i dont think ill be needing to test it again, just curious.

...And as for you grandmothers who think threads like this should be locked, buy a lincoln. There should be MORE posts like this! Street racing in the mustang community is a reality and a problem, ignoring it or censoring wont make it go away. you guys act like you never drive above 65

jimfitzgerald said:
ummm...wrong....i have a perfect justification. I live on long island (NY) where there is a HUGE car culture and a great love of racing. last summer the last track on the island was closed because the neighboors didnt want the noise, so the town forced the owner of the track to sell it to a real estate developer. This track had an attendance of about 3k racer per weekend at its prime...now the closest track is englishtown NJ. you think these kids are going to drive almost 6 hours to race? no they are going to take it to the streets...myself included. we try to keep it safe, only doing it in cunstruction and comercial areas that have no trafic after dark, but you can never make it 100% safe....i would much rather do it legally at a track, but there isnt one, so what am i suposed to do? :shrug: not race at all? thats not an option.

AirWolf87 said:
ummm...wrong....i have a perfect justification. I live on long island (NY) where there is a HUGE car culture and a great love of racing. last summer the last track on the island was closed because the neighboors didnt want the noise, so the town forced the owner of the track to sell it to a real estate developer. This track had an attendance of about 3k racer per weekend at its prime...now the closest track is englishtown NJ. you think these kids are going to drive almost 6 hours to race? no they are going to take it to the streets...myself included. we try to keep it safe, only doing it in cunstruction and comercial areas that have no trafic after dark, but you can never make it 100% safe....i would much rather do it legally at a track, but there isnt one, so what am i suposed to do? :shrug: not race at all? thats not an option.
that's the law abiding option.
any other option is not justified unless all precautions are taken (road CLOSED with police and paramedics on scene). and then, it's law abiding

JonJon said:
that's the law abiding option.
any other option is not justified unless all precautions are taken (road CLOSED with police and paramedics on scene). and then, it's law abiding
But see JonJon, they don't want that - they want you to understand their plight. "You see officer, if I didn't run that stop light, I woulda been late getting my lady to the mergency room, knowhatimsayin? What's I posed to do?"
:D :rlaugh: :lol: :D :rlaugh: :lol: :D :rlaugh: :lol: :bs: :bs: :bs:

98laseredgt said:
so what happens when you wreck at the track and people standing on the side or in the stands get hurt? whos fault is it then? surely not yours since you were at the track. personally, if the highway is empty, I.E no visible cars in front of me or to the sides and back, then i see no problem. if you dont hear me coming or see me coming and just wonder onto the highway your asking for it. the second i see any cars anywhere playtimes over. as a person the races on the street alot, like stoplight to stoplight nothing over 70mph or less given the environment, i think there need to be more sanctioned events for people to go to. the only ones around here are on tuesdays and the track prep sucks if they dont close because they dont feel like working. people think we just blame it on there not being somewhere to go, but really there isnt much place to race anymore.

nate
Oh my God, this is the most idiotic post I've ever seen.

The cops and local towns want you to street race, that way they get money for the state when they give you a $2K fine and impound your car, and then sometimes get to auction it. All that crap about " street racing is dangerous and we need to stop it" is BULL...this is the real world, only money counts now days.Thats why they put big fines up, because A. they know that people will still street race and now they get big money for catching them and B. it keeps the moms and anti street racing people happy at the same time, making it look like they are on their side. Same holds true with drug dealers, they do a bust at the end of every term just to keep the public happy, the rest of the time they catch them and release them so they can get probation money. Its all politics, so just come off of your " I am upholding the law" crap...if you have broken ANY law (eg. not turning your blinker on when changing lanes) your just as guilty as the rest of us, and your minor law breaking actions could cause a serious wreck and be just as dangerous as speeding or street racing. BTW no offence, just introducing you guys to the real world.

Some of you people are the dumbest ****s I have ever come across. You try to equate street racing to not using your turn signals. You try to justify street racing because there is no drag strip close by. Since when is the government obligated to provide you with racing facilities? Tax payers pay for the streets for use by law abiding citizens. They are not there for your sorry asses to race your 15 second Mustangs. I'm done here. It's clear you guys are too stupid to understand logic.

Mike Raburn, why don't you adopt a rule against street racing threads like some of the other boards? Does StangNet condone street racing? I don't think so.

I guess I can keep dreaming of an American Autobahn! Hmm..and to think that in some countries, driving this fast is legal!

I'm no advocate for street racing, although I see a major difference between 2 people racing their cars at 120+ mph in traffic versus myself who on a rare odd occasion, with the proper conditions, gets the URGE to push their SPORTS CAR to a speed that it was DESIGNED FOR all by my lonesome self! I have had my car to 145mph and I certainly know the dangers involved in driving that fast. But you know what...I took the chance for the thrill of it, and I'm still here to type about it.

Some of us actually DO know how to drive a car, and know our limits. I consider myself quite a compitent driver. I'm 26 years old, never had even a fender-bender. I drag race at tracks, have done some SCCA auto-x events. I average 40k miles a year driving of all places NY and NYC...and will be part-time limosuine driver on the weekends. I don't mean to sound self-boasting, but I've had many people compliment my level of driving experience.

I REALLY feel that a good driver driving 85-90 mph is safer than a nervous, careless or inexperienced driver drivng 55 mph. Too many people confuse speed with danger just based on the physical aspect, but never account one's ability in the equation.

What I am an advocate for is learning the proper way to drive a car. Go to an Autocross event, toss the car around some turns and learn its limits. Have an instructor critique your driving habits. In the end it will help you make more of a sound decision of how fast you really should go.

DaNd4Speed said:
I'm no advocate for street racing, although I see a major difference between 2 people racing their cars at 120+ mph in traffic versus myself who on a rare odd occasion, with the proper conditions, gets the URGE to push their SPORTS CAR to a speed that it was DESIGNED FOR all by my lonesome self! I have had my car to 145mph and I certainly know the dangers involved in driving that fast. But you know what...I took the chance for the thrill of it, and I'm still here to type about it.

Some of us actually DO know how to drive a car, and know our limits. I consider myself quite a compitent driver. I'm 26 years old, never had even a fender-bender. I drag race at tracks, have done some SCCA auto-x events. I average 40k miles a year driving of all places NY and NYC...and will be part-time limosuine driver on the weekends. I don't mean to sound self-boasting, but I've had many people compliment my level of driving experience.

I REALLY feel that a good driver driving 85-90 mph is safer than a nervous, careless or inexperienced driver drivng 55 mph. Too many people confuse speed with danger just based on the physical aspect, but never account one's ability in the equation.

What I am an advocate for is learning the proper way to drive a car. Go to an Autocross event, toss the car around some turns and learn its limits. Have an instructor critique your driving habits. In the end it will help you make more of a sound decision of how fast you really should go.

Believing that you are a confident driver and driving safely are totally different. Driving 100+ MPH on a public road, what if your tire blows? What if there's something in the road? What if there are people in the road? What if you go over the divider into the other side? What if there is a pothole? A nail? Glass? A person's ability is not going to prevent ANY of this.

Plus, there is NO way you can say you are 100% safe and you would ONLY harm yourself. UNLESS the road is blocked off. YOU CAN NOT guarantee that.