TCP- Manual R/P steering opinions please!

haha...sorry I gutted the interior....I have a dash, and all the vertical interior panels....but the rear seat is gone, the carpet & insulation (including the trunk) is gone...oh oh I have the headliner still :)

All the engine parts minus the crank and block(306cid) are aluminum; my rear-end is a currie 8" with the aluminum 3rd member setup; the hood is a one piece fiberglass mold, the R-valance is fiberglass; the fenders are fiberglass; and the wheels are 15x7 so the wheel/tire package is pretty light.

Wow quite light. So are you using the stock upper and lower control arms?

Has anyone gone with coil overs on the rear? How does it improve things?

• Sponsors (?)

The Maier panhard is what I am considering. Does it make a considerable difference?

Before the panhard kit, I was running a Mustangs Plus 3/4" rear sway bar. It was better than the stock suspension setup. Having said that, because my rear is so darn light the sway bar made it way to easy to kick the rear side to side. AND, the "U" shaped bracket that connects the control link to the leaf springs got torn clean apart....I think it was from crawling sideways out of parking lots. At that point I had to buy another sway bar.... or explore what the VARA guys were using.

With the adjustable pan-hard setup I found the rear to be a little more predictable, and becuase of it's adjustability I could fine tune it to my driving style. I think the stability I found in this setup was primarily because the lateral axle movement was confined.

Pyroman- The front A-arms were replaced with new ones 5 years back....but yes, they are the originaly designed a-arms.

Jon350, if you're planning on autocrossing it, definitely get the power rack. I autocrossed my 67 with a manual TCP rack for several years before moving onto a faster car (67 retired to the street) and when you get out of shape, power steering is something you really like to have.

Those who've street driven their cars and haven't gotten in an OH S#@^ I'm spinning situation probably aren't familiar with the violent whip action you'll get in the wheel, easy to break a finger if you're not careful.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I love the rack at higher speeds, but for autocrossing I have to say a power rack is the way to go.