traded in 02 gt vert for 03 cobra hardtop

brian98gt

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
new jersey
i just traded in my 02 gt vert for an 03 cobra hardtop. the first thing to go is the shifter and i wanted some opinions. i had a steeda triax in my 02 and i liked it, but i want to get some input. as far as i can see, the previous owner installed a new t/b, plasma booster, i think a diablo chip, a shift light and a auto meter boost gauge. all the installs look professional. there is one switch on the driver side right on the console where your right leg would be, i thought it might be a switch for the chip, but i'm not sure, i guess i have some investigating to do. let me tell you, this thing flies and the dealership told me that the guy that traded it in ran 11.60's with it. i'll verify that next fri at e-town. well any advice on the shifter would be appreciated. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i bought it from a linclon mercurary dealership and they said they would take care of anything that has to do with the mods. i don't think there is any serious work done to the car, but i made sure they would take care of any problems. plus i'm a cop and they know that iam and i work were there located so there not going to screw me. i am going to take it to a mustang shop and have it looked at and get it dynoed so i know exactly what i got.

brian98gt said:
i bought it from a linclon mercurary dealership and they said they would take care of anything that has to do with the mods. i don't think there is any serious work done to the car, but i made sure they would take care of any problems. plus i'm a cop and they know that iam and i work were there located so there not going to screw me. i am going to take it to a mustang shop and have it looked at and get it dynoed so i know exactly what i got.

:rlaugh: Your a Cop! :shrug: Big deal. If it's NOT STOCK, it's NOTcovered under a Ford Factory warranty.

:rlaugh: Plus, A Lincoln/Mercury dealer IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY FORD OR SVT TO WORK ON SVT VEHICLES!
:rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol:

I would have had them put it in writing as well.If they try and screw ya just tail one of them on a Fri night...most sales guys like to partake at local bars...or at least a bunch of us did back in the 80's,lol.Anyhow,then pull em over and say "remember me",LOL!!!!!!!!

Did you finance the trade? Were you upside down at all on the GT? I ask because I might be doing this in the fall when people dump their rides for the new stang. If so, how much extra are you paying on the Cobra?

It probably has a pulley if the guy put a chip on, but it wouldn't take too much to run 11.60s other than that. The guy could have had a set of tires for the track too, right there mid 11s easy.

"Your a Cop! Big deal. If it's NOT STOCK, it's NOTcovered under a Ford Factory warranty.

Plus, A Lincoln/Mercury dealer IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY FORD OR SVT TO WORK ON SVT VEHICLES! "

hahaaaaaa

the only other thing done to the car is a billetflow t/b and intake. the only problem i would have is with the chip and i can have that removed. i don't think the pulley was changed, but i'm going to find out for sure this week. man there are alot of a holes on this site laughing about the possibility of getting screwed. i know someone at a authorized svt dealership and he will take care of me. as for following the salesman to a bar, that is actually a good idea, but i'd rather follow the a hole that laughs at a fellow mustang owner. but thanks to everyone else that gave me support and congratulated me on my purchase. as far as the trade in i only took about a 2,000 hit on my car, they wanted 27,000 for the cobra which i thought was fair. it had 15,700 miles on it. as for mods i think i'm only going to touch the shifter for now.

alright guys, this is a great post, becuase im kind of in a predicament myself. Im 17 with a gt vert, mods in sig, i now have the option of supercharging my car now with the money i have saved from working, or i can wait another year untill i graduate and getta 03/04 cobra, its been driving me crazy for the past 2 weeks, opinions please!

sonicblue02 said:
alright guys, this is a great post, becuase im kind of in a predicament myself. Im 17 with a gt vert, mods in sig, i now have the option of supercharging my car now with the money i have saved from working, or i can wait another year untill i graduate and getta 03/04 cobra, its been driving me crazy for the past 2 weeks, opinions please!
you are 17. do you have ANY IDEA what your insurance will be? :rolleyes:

unless you own an insurance company or something or your parents pay for your insurance :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , i highly doubt you'll be able to afford it alone. PLUS 03/04's seem to be holding their values pretty well, so you won't find too many killer deals on them.

sonicblue02 said:
well first of all, i didnt ask how much insurance would be, and yes my parents do pay it, but i do work and im still in school, its not like i drive a honda civic now, so insurance price really isnt a big deal, second of all, ive found a couple of good deals on 03 cobras http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...le=&advcd_on=y&doors=&fuel=&color=&cardist=42
you better check with your insurance to see how much it'll go up. i don't think you realize how much your insurance will go up but whatever, it looks like you know what you are doing so why not just go for it. after all this world needs more 17 year olds in 03/04 cobras. :nice: