Tried out new lower control arms...

scrming

Aug 9, 2005
Put some new lower control arms in the car last week:

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/Screaming/Mustang.htm#MRT

Ubly Dragway had a Test and Tune yesterday... Alternative Auto was there... so I had Lidio make a pass with the car... Needless to say Lidio made a GREAT PASS!!!! (and just in time it started to rain right after he finished!)

I did make a couple of passes... the LCA definitely got rid of any signs of wheel hop! The car still has trouble hooking though... spins way to easy... What do you guys think about me pulling the stiffer lowering springs out and putting the stock ones back in????

Ok... here the part you've been waiting for!!!

60' - 2.059
1/8 - 8.629
1/8 MPH - 82.191
1/4 - 13.415
1/4 MPH - 103.632

Here's the video (3MB)

13.4 Run

• Sponsors (?)

Excepcion13 said:
You continue to lead the way, John! Good on ya, mate! How are the 4.10's treating you in your daily commute? What kind of RPMs are you pulling say, at 80?

4.10s aren't bad... but then again my tires area little taller than stock... at 80MPH i'm just below 3000 RPM...

fazm83 said:
I give ya till xmas to get your 12.99 run. Probably goingg to take diff tires, and 125-150 shot, but i know you can do it. I still want my 14.99 run but im a lil short on the mod list lol.

Actually it might not take more than different tires... Lidio thinks the car actually has a lot more if it would just hook! LOL! Different tires and 125HP shot and I'm sure we could be in the 12s... I just really don't have the funds for new tires and wheels... I mean to get a good setup will be big $$$... so far now I'll see what I can squeeze out of these 450s... Now the other thing is we've been running on these small middle of now where tracks... Lidio thinks the car will definitely be able to hook better at Norwalk this weekend (Hope for good weather!!!)

scrming said:
Actually it might not take more than different tires... Lidio thinks the car actually has a lot more if it would just hook! LOL! Different tires and 125HP shot and I'm sure we could be in the 12s... I just really don't have the funds for new tires and wheels... I mean to get a good setup will be big $$$... so far now I'll see what I can squeeze out of these 450s... Now the other thing is we've been running on these small middle of now where tracks... Lidio thinks the car will definitely be able to hook better at Norwalk this weekend (Hope for good weather!!!)
good luck this weekend!!!!

Ya goodluck. I just wish i was at a track that wasnt like tryin to drag race on a slip and slide lol. You are gettin to 60ft almost half a second quicker than me lol. Im jealous of ur traction lok. Im going to have to break down on put one in to get into the 14s.

Any1 get their v6 into the 2.0 or 2.1 60ft without a traction lok?

fazm83 said:
Ya goodluck. I just wish i was at a track that wasnt like tryin to drag race on a slip and slide lol. You are gettin to 60ft almost half a second quicker than me lol. Im jealous of ur traction lok. Im going to have to break down on put one in to get into the 14s.

Any1 get their v6 into the 2.0 or 2.1 60ft without a traction lok?

well my first run on Saturday was a Slide-Fest! Lidio and I were about the first cars to run... My car was going sideways down the track! Had to let off the gas! Ran like a 14.6! LOL! Lesson learned... maybe you don't want to be the first one's down the track! LOL!

Scrming,

We are not worthy!!! :hail2: Can't wait until you break the 12's.... You give hope to us all! Hey, are you and MSP still collaborating? Last I read he was deciding on what gears to put in. I could be behind the power curve, though!!!

I have a quick question for you regarding your MMR CAI. What do you and the stalwart Lidio think of it? I have read a lot of different things about carbon over aluminum, etc., etc., etc. I already bought one, so the point is moot for me. I bought one before I even received the car as I was just so damn hyped up about this baby!!! Still am!!! So, that being said, how do you like it and has it made a difference? I am installing mine soon (didn't want to slap it on without a tune and one of the dynos around here FINALLY got the codes for 2006 for the XCAL2). In your opinion, was it worth the expense?

Excepcion13 said:
Scrming,

We are not worthy!!! :hail2: Can't wait until you break the 12's.... You give hope to us all! Hey, are you and MSP still collaborating? Last I read he was deciding on what gears to put in. I could be behind the power curve, though!!!

I have a quick question for you regarding your MMR CAI. What do you and the stalwart Lidio think of it? I have read a lot of different things about carbon over aluminum, etc., etc., etc. I already bought one, so the point is moot for me. I bought one before I even received the car as I was just so damn hyped up about this baby!!! Still am!!! So, that being said, how do you like it and has it made a difference? I am installing mine soon (didn't want to slap it on without a tune and one of the dynos around here FINALLY got the codes for 2006 for the XCAL2). In your opinion, was it worth the expense?

Yeah, I bought my MMR before I really had a clue what I was doing.... If I had to do it over I might not have gone with it... It's kind of pricey... but it was about the best looking one at the time... and at time I was all about looks and not performance! LOL! You'll notice the MMR will help you at the higher RPMS like around 4000....

scrming said:
Yeah, I bought my MMR before I really had a clue what I was doing.... If I had to do it over I might not have gone with it... It's kind of pricey... but it was about the best looking one at the time... and at time I was all about looks and not performance! LOL! You'll notice the MMR will help you at the higher RPMS like around 4000....

Yeah, I bought into the looks and the hype. I especially liked the High FlowTube. Had no idea what i was doing. Still winging it!!! This site is helping me sort some of the fact from fiction, however. :nice: