Trouble with creating a megasquirt base tune

swolsky98

Feb 18, 2023
Hello everyone, I have recently refreshed my 1997 mazda b2300 5.0 swap. I have added a vortech v1, gt40x heads, anderson b21 cam, gt40 intake that i have ported out, and anderson hi-rev valve springs, and ford performance 60lb injectors. I recently picked up a megasquirt ms2 to tune the truck and I cannot for the life of me to even get the truck to idle. I am looking for any advice anyone could give me. I have been watching videos and trying to make changes for 3 weeks but cannot make any progess whatsoever.

• Sponsors (?)

This is the base tune from megasquirt with some values i changed to accomodate the injectors. my base timing on the crank is set to 15 to match tuner studio

Attachments

• mazda5.0supercharged.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 1 user
Here you are, I did not setup the idle settings for you these can be tricky to dial in unless you know the procedure if I set them up in closed loop.
I did setup the AFR, IGN, VE tables for you and scaled them for boost with safe values in the IGN table.

Attachments

• swolsky98.rev.1.0.0.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 52
Here you are, I did not setup the idle settings for you these can be tricky to dial in unless you know the procedure if I set them up in closed loop.
I did setup the AFR, IGN, VE tables for you and scaled them for boost with safe values in the IGN table.
Hey a91what,

I have finallly got the chance to test the base tune. Idk why but when the truck starts it automatically revs to 3k and holds there upon start up. I can get the engine to idle good with the IAC uplugged though. I went in and did the IAC test to manually open and close the valve but when I lower the duty percentage the rpms went up somehow (I changed the IAC settings so its not inverted) so that does not make any sense.