Unsure about how I feel about tonight...

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
So yeah, if you havn't read my thread about "needing to pass a drug test" well.... my work is making me take a drug test. I have smoked grass since I was 13 and now I am stone cold sober. Tonight I am going to F1 Boston to race Karts on an indoor track all night, and I mean ALL NIGHT. I am 23 yrs old and Im not even going to get drunk, nevermind "ripped."

I dont know how other people feel about this, but for me at the moment this is totally lame. It could be because of the people I spend my time with, they ALL do drugs on some level and now I can't.

Now that I am done venting, I would like to know what other people are doing tonight. I need to find a new crowd to hang out with and to be honest I dont know what else there is to do that doesnt involve something illegal. Even my car is illegal; track heat intake, o/r h-pipe, malfunctioning e-brake, emissions, expired sticker... But my car doesnt matter now, its winter in Ma.

So please, let me know what you are doing tonight, or what you did last night. I need a new group of friends maybe even a girlfriend.
Your suggestions may change my life,
-fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

Hang in there and be strong.
Last night i worked. Tonight i work. I work 6pm to 6am.
Get a girl and some friends with similar intrests. try a car club, have poker night. Don't feel lame. volunteer to be the DD, it gives you a reason to not het hammered and be a good friend.

I feel your pain. As a teen, I smoked a lot, but never got tested luckily. That stopped when I turned 18, since it's more than a slap on the wrist as an adult, and most of my old friends started getting into heavier things that I wanted no part of. After that, I made some new friends, and picked up the bottle. That ended a few months ago when I crashed my DD after passing out at the wheel (made a thread about it, too). I think my new year's eve will probably be spent on here giving out sound medical advice for free :D
Seriously though, I'm probably not doing anything either, so don't feel bad. Waiting till 12:01, and going to bed, if I even make it that long. All of my friends still drink, and most haven't learned anything from it after multiple DUI's between them, so I think I need some new friends, too. The girlfriend idea is a good one, I think I may give up my life as a bachelor, for someone with her head on her shoulders, that can keep me in line. I don't know if you remember my "please learn from my stupidity" thead, but since then, basically all of my free time has been spent at home trying to find more constructive things to do. I'm considering calling my work and seeing if they want me to come in, we're always short at night. I might as well get a bonus for picking up the hours + holiday pay, right?

Seriously guys, thank you for your replies. You are making my night a bit less painless. If I could go to work, I probably would too. I can always use more money. I hope everyone has a fun safe night and if you are partying, party a bit for me would ya I'm sober as a priest on sunday morning.
Everyone please make it home safe, and if you know a hot girl in Ma. give me her number!
-fawcett

fawcett said:
Seriously guys, thank you for your replies. You are making my night a bit less painless. If I could go to work, I probably would too. I can always use more money. I hope everyone has a fun safe night and if you are partying, party a bit for me would ya I'm sober as a priest on sunday morning.
Everyone please make it home safe, and if you know a hot girl in Ma. give me her number!
-fawcett
GL man...hope your night is good, cause til 10, mines gonna suck ass too:notnice:

Get a girl, one that doesn't drink preferably. Start hanging out with people who don't do those things you don't like and are trying to avoid, makes it a LOT easier! And don't feel bad about staying home on new year's eve, I am too.

I work at the families Dry Cleaners business, yeah i know cant get much lamer than that....

After I was hired the person immediatly above me told me I was going to have to take the test, immediatly I fessed up to smoking and she said I could have 30 days then take the test. Then the H&R person put me on health insurance, dental all that stuff... Its good because its only like $24 out of my pay check each week. It would cost me around $350 per month to pay for health insurance on my own, so its nice to have those benefits.

When I signed the papers I made it a point to ask (a few times) if I was going to have to take a piss test. The H&R person said "no, not unless you are a driver" to which I replied "I will never be a driver, that is not what I went to school for."

I thought everything was cool from then on but last week I got a note in my mail box with directions to a clinic to be drug tested. Now I am crapping my pants. I will do my best to put the testing off for as long as I can, but I can just tell that my time will run out. So that is why I went Kart Racing tonight (which was a blast, I dedicate my wins to Stangnet!) instead of getting messed up with my druggie friends.

On a side note, this is the longest I havn't gotten high in a long time and its different, Ill tell ya that. Just being honest. I dont mind it, its just that life seemed less boring when I was stoned. Now I dont know what to do with myself, I need something new to look forward to. Im still single and spring is so far away. No Mustang, no sex, no drugs, no booze GOD DAMN IT!
This must be a part of growing up,
-fawcett

fawcett said:
I work at the families Dry Cleaners business, yeah i know cant get much lamer than that....

After I was hired the person immediatly above me told me I was going to have to take the test, immediatly I fessed up to smoking and she said I could have 30 days then take the test. Then the H&R person put me on health insurance, dental all that stuff... Its good because its only like $24 out of my pay check each week. It would cost me around $350 per month to pay for health insurance on my own, so its nice to have those benefits.

When I signed the papers I made it a point to ask (a few times) if I was going to have to take a piss test. The H&R person said "no, not unless you are a driver" to which I replied "I will never be a driver, that is not what I went to school for."

I thought everything was cool from then on but last week I got a note in my mail box with directions to a clinic to be drug tested. Now I am crapping my pants. I will do my best to put the testing off for as long as I can, but I can just tell that my time will run out. So that is why I went Kart Racing tonight (which was a blast, I dedicate my wins to Stangnet!) instead of getting messed up with my druggie friends.

On a side note, this is the longest I havn't gotten high in a long time and its different, Ill tell ya that. Just being honest. I dont mind it, its just that life seemed less boring when I was stoned. Now I dont know what to do with myself, I need something new to look forward to. Im still single and spring is so far away. No Mustang, no sex, no drugs, no booze GOD DAMN IT!
This must be a part of growing up,
-fawcett

it'll be aite man dont worry about it....if you keep with your schedule of excercise, not smoking, and good eating habits, im sure you'll pass the test....just be cool, and dont sweat it....

Glad to see you're making an effort to quit Fawcett, and ever more glad to see you here asking for support instead of falling back into being a "druggie"

You have my respect man, hope all turns out well with you.

fawcett said:

Is this some family members business or the name of the company?

If it`s a family members business,that`s really lame.

Why have a drug test policy at a dry cleaners?Usually there for people operating serious machinery,like transport trucks,trains,airplanes,etc,as far as I know.:shrug:

wytstang said:
Every time you feel like smoking put the money into a jar. At the end of the month count the money saved. You'd be surprised how much you can mod your stang in a shorter amount of time. It keeps your money tied up and out of trouble.
hell yea man great idea...my buddy did that to quit smokin cigarettes, and at the end of a whole summer, he had enough to put a NICE system in his jeep....all im saying is, not only is pot kinda silly (never tried it, i stick to drinkies) but it cost SOO much money if you do it a lot....even more than cigs....think about what could be done to your car, or other things you want with the money you save....heres what i always say, its mostly devoted to smoking cigs, but still applies here....."Smoking is like paying to die early"...think about it, and have a great new years buddy