V3 Almost!

I believe (Asp racing???) Correct me if I'm wrong on the name. Will make custom pulleys if needed that way you can get the boost where it's needed.

OR you can pull out timing to reduce power. I believe pulling more timing would be the most economical route. I know as little as 2* can cause a decent power decrease.
Ok i will look into that thank you...another quick question,im waiting on my heads,machinest says usually a resurface takes .003 to clean up,from my calculations with deck hight,58cc heads and .040 gasket i was at 10.8-1 when engine was built,so with .003 milled off heads,that would bring me too 10.11-1?...is that the way it works?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought most of the difference in psi would come from changing out the propeller? I have same vortech system as you but my propeller only pushes 6-7 psi.

Edit: with stock pulleys

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

propeller? lol. we ain't building boats... You must mean the pulley- you can change the amount of boost on a supercharger by changing the size of the pulley on the head unit and/or the crankshaft.

Impeller, not propeller. I realize pully size can change it a little but I assume it's not going to change it very much right? Maybe 1 psi? The impeller change would give you the accurate level your looking for was my understanding.

Impeller, not propeller. I realize pully size can change it a little but I assume it's not going to change it very much right? Maybe 1 psi? The impeller change would give you the accurate level your looking for was my understanding.

Well im going to go with the biggest one they have which is 3.80,and detune.....
Assuming all goes well with my heads.

You assune wrong- you can change boost by as much as you want to effcctively with pulley changes. I've gone from 6-12# on A and S trims with pulley changes and a power pipe. Use the Vortech calculator to ensure you don't overspin the head unit. Changing the impeller normally increases the efficiency and/or step up of the blower, but 99% of guys never have to do that for a street use/weekend strip car.

Reactions: 4 users
You assune wrong- you can change boost by as much as you want to effcctively with pulley changes. I've gone from 6-12# on A and S trims with pulley changes and a power pipe. Use the Vortech calculator to ensure you don't overspin the head unit. Changing the impeller normally increases the efficiency and/or step up of the blower, but 99% of guys never have to do that for a street use/weekend strip car.
^This.

Changing the pulley will make the supercharger (which in your case is a centrifugal compressor) spin faster or slower at a given rpm (smaller pulley makes it spin faster and vice versa). If you look at a compressor map, this will effectively move it up or down its operating line. At a higher speed, it will draw more flow and create a larger pressure rise. You can make it spin as fast as you want as long as you keep it below its speed limit. The issue with moving it around on the map is that you will change the efficiency. Higher speed doesn't always mean more efficiency (usually it reduces it). Less efficiency means higher temperature rise for a given pressure rise. Changing to an impeller optimized for higher speed would help with efficiency in this situation and sometimes give more room to grow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I think you should call the tuner and ask him if you can run the same boost level but pull more timing out. I know my car, when I run 28* at full boost (8psi) the car shreds the tires into 3rd gear. But if I pull the timing down to 22* it will only spin into 2nd gear... you are able to pull the timing down all the way to your mechanical advance. Stock would be 10*

I say call him up, those pulleys get expensive.

I think you should call the tuner and ask him if you can run the same boost level but pull more timing out. I know my car, when I run 28* at full boost (8psi) the car shreds the tires into 3rd gear. But if I pull the timing down to 22* it will only spin into 2nd gear... you are able to pull the timing down all the way to your mechanical advance. Stock would be 10*

I say call him up, those pulleys get expensive.
Ya,everything is!...lol....im going to give him a day or two,ive been all over him with questions....lol

Now ive been looking for 60lbs injectors?...he told that siemens decka are good?...also looked at ford performance,i see that they are ev6,long injectors,so if i get the adaptor?....its will fit with my stock fuel rails?....the dekas say long with ev1 plug already on it....so either would work?...just confused because they show dimensions and they seem different?

Siemens deka 60 injectors and 3.80 sc pulley on way.....got my heads back also,Machinist showed me pics as he went, it was definetly low in the middle where it blew through,006 to clean...
So im going to try this again!....wish me luck!

Reactions: 2 users