What Are You Guys Running For Batteries?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
So starting to not trust my battery. It's a 10-year old (yes 10) Die Hard Gold that's lived its entire life on a trickle charger other than 600-700 miles of driving.

No power issues, and battery still tests good, but I've been noticing I can hear it fizz a bit during charging and see some water on top. I know this is slightly normal, to a point, but the time the trickle charger takes to get to float voltage has increased dramatically.

You can see slight liquid here on top during charge.
IMG_1312.JPG

Anyway, I want a motorcraft battery, but looking online I don't see any available for the fox. I then looked for die yards and seems they no longer have a model (from online searching)

Taking a trip to sears tomorrow, but is a motorcraft battery still available? I believe both are made by Johnson Controls.

• Sponsors (?)

Batt_zpsctyffbft.jpg
After 11 years of my old Autozone battery I decided on an Odyssey 1200 Series Battery, hard to believe its been in the car for 8 years already but it is a beast of a Battery.

So starting to not trust my battery. It's a 10-year old (yes 10) Die Hard Gold that's lived its entire life on a trickle charger other than 600-700 miles of driving.

No power issues, and battery still tests good, but I've been noticing I can hear it fizz a bit during charging and see some water on top. I know this is slightly normal, to a point, but the time the trickle charger takes to get to float voltage has increased dramatically.

You can see slight liquid here on top during charge.
IMG_1312.JPG

Anyway, I want a motorcraft battery, but looking online I don't see any available for the fox. I then looked for die yards and seems they no longer have a model (from online searching)

Taking a trip to sears tomorrow, but is a motorcraft battery still available? I believe both are made by Johnson Controls.

I run the advance auto gold series, use the $40 off a $100 code and has a 3 year warranty. Never have had a problem with it. I ran a duralast for a while and it survived the fire and but was deformed /ugly. So its now used on the tractor.

I've had The odyssey in the red car, and mounted in my last drag car. I liked that battery because it was small, and could be hung (with it's dedicated mount) anywhere, in any orientation. I currently have an Optima red top in the Monster.

I use 4 3 volt batteries from my garage door opener... I keep the remote in the truck so I have a spare just in case.

Motorcraft BX58C purchased from my local Ford Dealer last month. $120.00

So ford still does sell them? Interesting how this battery doesn't come up when running various searches on ford's own parts website.

Found it after searching. Orielly's wants $160 for a Motorcraft BX58C-850! However, the cross reference for this doesn't come up for a Mustang.

So ford still does sell them? Interesting how this battery doesn't come up when running various searches on ford's own parts website.

Found it after searching. Orielly's wants $160 for a Motorcraft BX58C-850! However, the cross reference for this doesn't come up for a Mustang.

They do sell them.
I got the battery number directly from the owners manual and called the local dealer. They had it the next day