What everyone's projects for the winter?

redhotcomet

Mar 30, 2005
Western Canada
What's everyone got planned for their cars over the winter?

For me it looks like I might be replacing or rebuilding my AOD, because its started to slip in 1st gear. Hopefully, it doesn't need rebuilding, but I expect it does. I'm also going to order a fiberglass teardrop bubble that I'll graft onto a scrap hood that I have. A bit of body work and paint and then I should be able to take out the spacers and the hood will line up. Maybe a set of aftermarket gauges for oil pressure, water temp, trans fluid temp and pressure. This is all assuming I have time over Xmas break, and that the car makes it home and I can get in the garage.

Anybody know someone who needs a good 64 comet hood?

• Sponsors (?)

Im looking to buy another foxbody now that mine is wrecked. Other than that I dont have time to work on anything during the winter, this is busy season in the oil patch and I expect I will only get a week or two off from work untill spring.

Hmmmm, I hope to have my TBird's new drivetrain installed over Christmas, that is providing I have all of the components.

The Mustang should have it's cosmetic items and minor mods done before than. We shall see though.

TGJ and Silvr04GT,you guys should come see me at work. I just received a new list of "specials" from one of our parts suppliers. Body kits and side scoops etc for the 05 are on sale. Graham,if you're interested in some reasonably priced Tokico's we've got a deal on them too.

I haven't planned anything specifically yet, but I have a couple of friends with mid-13-sec LS1 Camaros that need to be stomped so I might look into heads, cam, etc or maybe forced induction but I might get a different Mustang all together. We'll see. Any recomendatons welcome.

My only project is to try and keep my sanity and save up some money for spring time..

I wouldn't mind buying a few parts over winter... like..
FMS - Aluminum Driveshaft
SFC's
I want to get rid of the rusty breaks look, so I want new rotors and calipers..and need to figure out what to do with the drums in the back( if anyone has any ideas.. can I convert these to disc breaks)

and Im hoping on a paintjob.. we shall see how much money i want to throw at my car hah

Jd200287gt said:
My only project is to try and keep my sanity and save up some money for spring time..

I wouldn't mind buying a few parts over winter... like..
FMS - Aluminum Driveshaft
SFC's
I want to get rid of the rusty breaks look, so I want new rotors and calipers..and need to figure out what to do with the drums in the back( if anyone has any ideas.. can I convert these to disc breaks)

and Im hoping on a paintjob.. we shall see how much money i want to throw at my car hah

I think you should do a 5 lug conversation and I'll hook you up with my brakes and then I can buy Bullitt brakes! :nice:

Silvr04GT said:
I think you should do a 5 lug conversation and I'll hook you up with my brakes and then I can buy Bullitt brakes! :nice:
I would but I dont want to do the whole rim/tire thing again .... however 5lug 18's with like 35 series or lower rubber would probably be nice....alittle bit on the pricey side thoug.. maybe ill keep my eyes peeled for some hot deals..

Took a part time job on top of my full time shift work to pay for all the goodies I bought this summer from Performance Plus. Hood still has to be painted and im looking at installing a rollcage and putting a bigger nitrous jet in for spring. Father and I have the engine torn apart atm to polish everything, gotta go for the bling bling now.

helrazr said:
I haven't planned anything specifically yet, but I have a couple of friends with mid-13-sec LS1 Camaros that need to be stomped so I might look into heads, cam, etc or maybe forced induction but I might get a different Mustang all together. We'll see. Any recomendatons welcome.

You could buy my car :shrug: .

WOT said:
Just because it looks like a$$. The RR and a ported Bullitt make more power too.

A ported Bullitt make more then both actually.

Well I guess we'll see. It looks pretty promising to me. I've tried some bullitt intake cars and wasn't all that impressed, so I thought I'd give the P-51 a try on my own car.

-Matthew