where am i leaking oil from?! i am so depressed

• Sponsors (?)

Absence of a screen is not what is causing your leak. Wash the engine down throughly and run it. You will find the leak if you are careful.

Joe R.

If the seal is put in correct or the crank is not worn(grooved) the rear main will not leak a drop. The oil can get on the clutch which will hurt most friction materials, and it makes a complete mess. I prefer the new Teflon seals, I find they hold up a little better to the heat and are only a few dollars more.

i have a buddy whom works for Fed. Mogul engineering seals, and he agrees with ya, Rick - teflon seals are cool. i had asked him about them cuz i saw you mention before that you like them. of course, you were right on! :nice:

nice guys, i wish i could fix my stuff by myself but i cant... dammit well guys, how about cheering up a good stang friend, me. life sucks sometimes guys.....not just about the stang but everything ya know.....

Zeus, c'mon man. an oil leak is not the end of the world. you should try owning a british car - they are sieves.

dont be afraid to tackle stuff yourself - you will save money and feel good about it, plus get some confidence and braggin rights from having done it.

cheer up - have a nice 4th of July!!

alright i will try. but only in utah do they celebrate the FOURTH of july on the THIRD because the 4th conflicts with church... bull***** when you can change the day we have gotten our independence, then all hell has broken loose.. i will try to cheer, but these holidays remind me of all the ones i have spent with a girl i really loved, that i dont anymore it just hurts, and brings me pain... but ya know the usual by now

sorry to hear that bud. i think i remember your girl troubles from before. as others said, there are tons of them out there.

they really celebrate the 4th on the 3rd? that is funky. does Christmas conflict with anything. LOL.
everything will work out. immerse yourself in some upgrades/repairs. :)
take care bud.

F8Lstang said:
try checking your oil level once in a while, don't wait for the jiffy lube guy to tell you about a problem
now now. Zeus is a nice guy. it seems like he does a bit of work on his ride, judging from the number of his threads that i have answered. :)

we all miss something every now and again......no biggie.

my take anyhow.

thanks hissin, dont know what you are to me but man sometimes you make me feel a lot better, thanks again, i need to work on my car i think, but now money is a problem haha. and as for you f8 give me a freakin break dude, thanks again hissin

Maybe there is a fellow stanger out there in Utah that can help you do the gaskets, and you'll learn at the same time?

Hang in there and don't sweat the lil things....

Happy 4th to all..

not a ton of stangers in utah actually i wish there was more, the ones that do have stangs, act like they are better than everyone else, i tried getting in with their "crew" but apparently an s-trim wasnt good enough to roll around with, however they did roll with one srt-4. those are the only guys i know who know anything about stangs but unfortunately, they are too cool for me....why do people act like they are so great, and its not like i was bragging or anything

welcome to the world of morons and their cars. if you think that is bad, you should see some of the motorcycle crowds (crotchrockets).

but those are not the kind of people you want to hang out with. the fast and the furious is not real life. a lot of my friends are non ford guys, but they are very nice and enjoy all cars and motors - those are the types you should try to find. a knowledgable Chevy guy whom can read is just as welcome (IMHO) as a ford guy, esp if you cant find a ford guy. if he is open and nice to you, make a friend - not doin so is just as bad as the group of guys you were talkin about.

that is just my take - im not at all into the brand vs brand stuff (though i find a lot of ricers to be arrogant, but that is not true of all of them. i judge the individual, not the brand of ride).

you will find some guys out there who are on the same page as you.....but you probably wont find them cruising the main drag on Sat night (if that is allowed where you are, LOL).

just my random thoughts. hang in there bud. go find yourself a mod that will give you a lot of enjoyment and do it. it will take your mind off stuff and put it on something positive (like women buying clothes when they are down, i think). your mindset may well be better once you are done with the mod.

take care, Zeus. :)

For what it's worth, I used to own a 1981 Z-28. My best friend, (who is also a member here - White 95 5.0), also owns a 400 hp '02 Z-28...we both love Stangs!!! Just goes to show that not everyone is so caught up in the brand vs. brand that they can't hang out and have a good time.
P.S. Car probs. depress everyone to a point, but like HISSIN says, you get a lot of pride fixing it yourself and you also have plenty of support here on Stangnet!!!
Get 'er done! and Good luck!

thanks guys, i will try to find someone looking to help a little that is nice, sometimes it is just like one thing after the other breaks. oh well i will move on... haha thanks for the help again