Who all is in favor of 13.99 or quicker track days?????

468LC

Founding Member
Oct 29, 2001
South HIll Wa.
I am so sick of going to the track to see cars that have no business being there IMO. Way to many 16 second cars there and the ricers are there in rediculous amounts. The Jr dragsters need their own damn day as far as I am concerned.

How come the ricers get their own damn days throughout the year?

I may stay away for a while until the crowds die down for the year.:(

I am sick of paying 25 bucks for two or three runs.:(

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what problems your running into bro. the few time I have been there it seemed the faster classes got a bit of prefferential treatment. I sqaw a 10sec car almost make 2 passes before I got my 1st in. Seemed like they were giving each class X amount of time and then going to the next class/lane. So for those in the long lines of the street legals the wait was crazy. I actually left once and demanded my $$ back as I had been there 2hrs and my car had not moved from where I got teched (1/2 way around the corner to the fuel station)!!

Maybe they changed things this year. Try a Wed night once they get that going, they always seem to have smaller attendance those nights.

You should stop by one night, she finally runs, though I have fuel issues to sort out..

it is complete opposite for me. of course there are the few dumb ricers, but there are so many more stangs than the rest. the problem down here is that no one stays in the correct lane. i pulled out against a 67 stang that pulled an 11 second run. what pissed me off the most is that he got back into the same lane. i figure he just has a small ego. but it only costs us 15 to run.

you must mean on the "strip", cus track to me is the 2 mile road coarse inside PR.
i agree that it is getting ridiculous and annoying just waiting for your turn on the strip, but unless you get a group together and rent it out, you'll just have to wait like everyone else.
have you been to import drags ? the wait is even longer than TnT... so it's not anything special. while 16 second (or slower) cars may not be exciting to watch, i think the thrill of drags can be appreciated in all levels. i used to own a 16 sec Honda and got the same adenaline rush and fun as driving a 12 sec Evo.

ex-stater said:
Well, a stock EVO 8 is weighing in at just over 3200# with 271bhp/273tq.....that translates into 13.16@103. So, based on that I'm thinking that 12's are very achievable. :shrug:
Based on some calculator? :D Remember that the Evo has about twice as much drivetrain loss as a Mustang. There is someone here who tried for awhile to get into the 12's with one, even modded slightly, and had difficulty doing it. Mid to high 13's seems much more typical, with 14's being very common for the folks unwilling to go with a full AWD launch.

Dave

Darkness said:
It must be a special model. :shrug:
317.8 hp awhp , 298 ft lbs on a Mustang 500 awd dyno at FAME in Redmond, also ran 288 @ Matrix Engineering in Portland before the ECU was retuned. Full turboback exhaust, cat delete pipe, HKS cams and Vishnu tuning ECU reflash. :)
13.62 @ 100.4 mph with only cat-back last year at PR, should easily break into 12s next run.

1_sikEvo said:
I'll find out on May 5th during TnT I guess... I don't plan to drag much beyond that. AWD clutch drops at 5000 rpm doesnt do much good for the drivetrain :(
I've heard that's the biggest weakness of the Evo, the tranny is brittle. The STi seems to have a better tranny, but the motor is brittle... :shrug:

Dave

Why does everybody dog pile on the import owner because his car is better than ours? And yes, it is a much better overall car.

That being said, if I put better tires on my car and it doesn't go 12s, I should kill myself...even with the IRS.

Steve, I think I am just going to stick to wednesday nights. The more I drag race the more I realize how much better a day of open tracking is.

2 minutes of driving in a straight line vs. 2+ hours of driving in a straight line, then taking T1 at 125, then braking hard for T2.

:D

My little notch will run 12s with a stock motor, no power adders...

But that doesnt mean that the car isnt otherwise a pretty unfortunate POS.

The redeeming factor is that I paid 4k$ for it.

Comparing 4k$ mustangs and 30k$ AWD imports is......

pointless.
Because I can only afford the 4k$ one for thrashing ;)

chris

I don't mind the imports or for that matter any cars running 13.99 and slower when I'm up there(Gives me something to watch when my car is cooling down). What I hate is these car pulling into the burn-out box and heating their "street tires" up when they know damb well that it does no good at all. Rather than wasting time telling stories about how you had no traction with your "150 hp" car, focus on where to stage your car... and quit passing the second staging light during staging.
IMO if its your first time at the track you should be givin a little instruction book with the does and don'ts of drag racing. This book should go over every aspect of drag racing from pulling in to the lane to exiting the track. I agree there is way to much time wasted waiting on the unexperienced racer. But then agian it is Test and Tune so that is almost expected.

Jerry

Toddzilla said:
Why does everybody dog pile on the import owner because his car is better than ours? And yes, it is a much better overall car.
Was he getting picked on that badly? Come on a Mustang board with an import as your only car, and expect to get some ribbing. It would be much worse for the Mustang owner on an import board. And it's all in good fun, try to remember that it's just a car, for chrissakes.

And I'm not sure I'd call it a much better overall car, as that is completely open to opinion. The fact that it has four doors, econobox looks, ricer wing, turbo lag, and costs over $30k even so -- that's a turn-off for me. So my car -- which corners decently enough, makes great power at all RPM, has only two doors, is yellow :D, and cost less than one third as much -- is a much better car from my point of view.

Buy what you want.