window motor bushing info

4.6rx7

May 11, 2006
I have been surfing posts and i noticed alot of tutorials on fixing the power window bushings the kits are like $20 at autozone what we always did was take the gear section apart clean all fragments of old bushing out and instead of getting new plastic bushings which will only break again in the future we use 7/16 nuts this setup will out last the motor itself works on all ford lincoln and mercury window motors

• Sponsors (?)

The plastic bushings are a safety clutch to keep you from injuring you, your child, or pet if they get stuck in the window as it rolls up.

for 1 kids should not have your keys or be playing in the car for 2 if the car is running to where they could do that trhey should be in a seat belt or carseat not hanging out the window

yeppers you are right and kids always do as they are suppose to right? I know I have 2 and they made it to adulthood so I think for me that would not be a problem but cant seem to keep those dogs in line. Hmm maybe one day they will get the concept of not looking out the window.