Working from home!

• Sponsors (?)

Scott, what did Saleen do to the s351's in regards to the motor mounts height, lowering the steering racks and rear ward motor movement? I have an 87 Mclaren and a built lightning motor and have stalled my project due to conflicting information about hood clearance. From what I have read about the 351 being 1.5 inches taller than the 302, it seems that I should be able to stuff the motor in the car and under the stock hood with s351 motor mounts and an upper intake from a 94-95 Cobra. The 94-95 intake is far more shorter the all of the others due to the front end slope of the sn95 cars and the Saleen motor mounts are supposed to be shorter, correct? Can you shed some light on this subject? How much do you get for R & R on a 302 to 351 swap?

351 install need advice

351mclaren said:
Scott, what did Saleen do to the s351's in regards to the motor mounts height, lowering the steering racks and rear ward motor movement? I have an 87 Mclaren and a built lightning motor and have stalled my project due to conflicting information about hood clearance. From what I have read about the 351 being 1.5 inches taller than the 302, it seems that I should be able to stuff the motor in the car and under the stock hood with s351 motor mounts and an upper intake from a 94-95 Cobra. The 94-95 intake is far more shorter the all of the others due to the front end slope of the sn95 cars and the Saleen motor mounts are supposed to be shorter, correct? Can you shed some light on this subject? How much do you get for R & R on a 302 to 351 swap?

Saleen did offer a lowered motor mount. It can drop it almost a 1/2 inch. They also set the motor back about an inch by redrilling and slotting the K-member. If you do this you shoudl have no problem using the 93 Cobra Upper intake. The 94-95 one is restrictive. Just a FYI on the Cobra intakes. They run out of breath at about 5500 rpm. For me to do a swap the price just depends on how much I have to do. Its something you would really have to discuss with me. You can e-mail me at [email protected] for my contact info. I rarely look in this section so just catch me at that address. If you need any help or tips on where to source parts from just let me know. I have tried just about all the parts out there and know alot of the parts that don't work.