Can anyone explain how load is calculated

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
Dallas, Texas
Can anyone explain how load is calculated?? And whats it average value while on a level surface, going uphill, and downhill??

(Watch this already be covered the one time I don't search)

• Sponsors (?)

Labora said:
Can anyone explain how load is calculated?? And whats it average value while on a level surface, going uphill, and downhill??

(Watch this already be covered the one time I don't search)

A lot has been said about load on the Tweecer site. I honestly don't even know how to start to explain about it so search on the Tweecer site for a better technical description than what I could do.

Here is a thing or two I think can help you if you decide to research the topic.

Something to consider is the scalar, load scaling switch. You'll find a value of 2 for the GT and 0 for Cobra. It comes into play when talking about load.

Some say you use values in the Load data column and others say you use the Load X values. Some have said different tables/functions use Load/LoadX. I have seen more times than not, peeps say the LoadX is used when the scalar switch is set to 0.

I would tell you to datalog for say 30 seconds at cruise and look at the load (gonna be light)

Do the same WOT (gonna be max value)

Do the same from 4th gear cruise to 1000 more rpm's with just a 1/4 inch of skinny pedal (gonna be less than 50% of your max value)

Do the same 4th gear deal but this time use 1/2 inch (you should see increased load values from the 1/4 inch test drive)

See where I'm going here :D

You got the ability to see what your car is doing with datalogging :banana:

Use it to teach yourself what is going on :nice:

Grady

Here is the formula your EEC uses to calculate load based on MAF data and engine data:
(#/Min of air * 2) / (rpm * number of cylinders * displacement)

Usually displacement is represented by the displacement of one cylinder times 0.000044256. This leaves the mass of the air in one cylinder corrected to standard temp and pressure.

Here's a good article if you want to delve deeper:
http://www.installuniversity.com/in...metric_efficiency/ve_computation_9.012000.htm

final5-0 said:
A lot has been said about load on the Tweecer site. I honestly don't even know how to start to explain about it so search on the Tweecer site for a better technical description than what I could do.

Here is a thing or two I think can help you if you decide to research the topic.

Something to consider is the scalar, load scaling switch. You'll find a value of 2 for the GT and 0 for Cobra. It comes into play when talking about load.

Some say you use values in the Load data column and others say you use the Load X values. Some have said different tables/functions use Load/LoadX. I have seen more times than not, peeps say the LoadX is used when the scalar switch is set to 0.

I would tell you to datalog for say 30 seconds at cruise and look at the load (gonna be light)

Do the same WOT (gonna be max value)

Do the same from 4th gear cruise to 1000 more rpm's with just a 1/4 inch of skinny pedal (gonna be less than 50% of your max value)

Do the same 4th gear deal but this time use 1/2 inch (you should see increased load values from the 1/4 inch test drive)

See where I'm going here :D

You got the ability to see what your car is doing with datalogging :banana:

Use it to teach yourself what is going on :nice:

Grady

Well I don't have a tweecer yet. I have eyed a diablo tuner while it was datalogging and it has had me thinking thou...

Don 95Vert said:
Here is the formula your EEC uses to calculate load based on MAF data and engine data:
(#/Min of air * 2) / (rpm * number of cylinders * displacement)

Usually displacement is represented by the displacement of one cylinder times 0.000044256. This leaves the mass of the air in one cylinder corrected to standard temp and pressure.

Here's a good article if you want to delve deeper:
http://www.installuniversity.com/in...metric_efficiency/ve_computation_9.012000.htm

Now that is some good info! It's good that you're hangin out here... I liken it to when TMOSS gives advice to self-porters.:nice:

Adam