drove an 05 today.... impressions.

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
The 05 has improved in every way, little by little, over the 99-04's.

I'm really surprised you thought the auto shifted sloppy. The 05's shift quicker than the 99-04 4r70w's...so they much be more of a "slop":shrug: Which I don't think so...
QUOTE]

my high-mile(148,000) 4r70w has always shifted better than the 05 with 54 miles. even before shift programming.

mogs01gt said:
If you smoke crack daily. As soon as I rode in a 05 stang, I was severely disappointed. Their size and feel killed my interest.

As much as I love my 02 GT the 05 GT I test drove was just awesome....it handled better, sounded better stock, rode over bumps and railroad tracks like a caddy, and was just an all around better car....even thought it was an auto the 5 speed auto is very nice....you guys can argue all day about how much you think the 05 sucks but its a better car period and even if I dare say so a refined mustang.

Well maybe the car is technologically more refined, but based on personal taste and driving preferences, a lot of people apparently don't like it that way.

Either way, those ducktail spoilers look sweet to me. The stocker is ok, but nothing like the ducktail!

DocG2828 said:
Either way, those ducktail spoilers look sweet to me. The stocker is ok, but nothing like the ducktail!

I hate the stock spoiler. If I were to get a new GT, I'd opt for a foglight delete, and spoiler delete. The just go wingless or ducktail. :nice:

my brother just got an 06 GT manual a few weeks ago. the chasis is a million times stiffer, the car handles much better than the 99-04 GT's, it gets much better traction off the line, and stock to stock, they are faster than the 99-04's. but i do agree with the comments about it being a bit too refined and a little too big. as far as the car not feeling like a mustang, well after 10yrs of basically the same car, it's gonna feel different.

DocG2828 said:
I like the foglights....don't want to look like a sixer. But I really like the grille delete on the MRT kit. Damn this is making me want to go and get a 05+ to start moddin'.

Ha, I know what u mean, there are a few with the ducktail, new wheels, front chip spoiler/clip and stripes that look really really good. And with the right mods...gears, CAI, Exhaust, Tune the 5sspds are mid low 13s and damn near the 12s.

I think I'd rather have the refined....especially if it handles better. The ol' Porche 944 I had for awhile was slower than my stang, but I do miss the handling and stability of that car.

5spd GT said:
For those that don't like the 05+, I figure it is envy or at the very least bias talking:)
:Word:......not liking it because of the way it looks is one thing. Some people are always going to like one model over another for just that reason, but not liking it for any other reason is bunk. It's a hands down better car from every aspect. I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with one thing an earlier generation mustang does better than the newest model.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with one thing an earlier generation mustang does better than the newest model.

the older models are generally better at sucking more :shrug: Does that count?

I kid I kid... I like the 05 on paper, but I just don't like the looks of the rear of the car or the bland stock hood and rims. All these can be changed, but I like to leave my cars looking stock!!!

I would own one though if my car wasn't almost paid off. The only thing better than a new Mustang is a paid-off Mustang. If Ford tradition holds true, we should see a redesign in 2009 or 2010. I'm interested to see what they do there.