Electric Fan=== Please Help

budstang50

Aug 19, 2006
My 95 Mustang GT has a fan problem. Theres some kind of relay I guess between the fan motor and main harness, that plugs into the fan. I beleive it is bad. The auto parts store in town doesn't carry it or Latemodel restoration don't carry it, but they said I can get a kit.
Did anybody have to deal with this problem to.

• Sponsors (?)

The car doesn't run hot at all, but when I crank it up in the morning or after work the car is stone cold and when I first crank it up the fan comes on instantly or when put the ignition in the run position. Theres a relay that is right smack next to the fan motor almost the size of a deck of cards with 2 metal covered like fuses. When I turn the ignition to the on position the fan comes on and they get warm quick. Latemodel resteration said it was relay of some sort and no body sells it any more but like Autozone sells a repair kit for it. Have you heard of that.

The circuit breaker is a cheap patch job by Ford. In some cases, when the fan motor fails, it overheats and can catch fire. Rather than fix the issue, Ford created the circuit breaker; so the circuit breaker is supposed to cut power to the fan motor if it fails. However, the circuit breaker fails more often than the fan motor.