Gauges Installed

Tripoli

Mar 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
Took me a total of about 12 hours with the help of a friend, but I finally finished installing my gauges this week. They are Boost, Fuel Pressure, and Water Temperature from the Autometer Sport-Comp II Pro Control series of gauges.

Please pardon the dirty engine bay. I haven't had a chance to clean it in a while. As you can see, the supercharger isn't installed yet, but a D-1SC will be going on in just a few short months.

I used a 1/16 NPT to 1/8 NPT adaptor, 1/8 NPT to 4AN elbow, 4AN to 1/8 NPT steel-braided hose, and 1/8 NPT female to female connector to hook up the fuel pressure sensor. You may notice that I have removed the EGR system, so I simply plugged the boost gauge tubing directly into the stock vacuum connector for the EGR. You can see the wires from the water temp sensor coming straight up from behind the motor. All the wiring from the engine bay runs back to the firewall, then across to the large grommet located near the master cylinder.

I pulled power for the gauge lights directly from the dimmer switch, and power for the gauges from the stock instrument cluster. Even though the gauges are LED-lit, they dim perfectly with the stock gauges, though they are obviously a little brighter. Some day I'm going to replace the entire cluster with the Autometer race panel or something similar using matching Sport Comp II gauges.

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4837-wiring-vacuum-fuel-line-gauge-sending-units.jpg

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4838-close-up-vacuum-connection-fuel-rail-connection.jpg

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4839-close-up-wiring-firewall-inside-engine-bay.jpg

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4836-dash-gauge-wiring.jpg

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4840-gauges-installed.jpg

tripoli-albums-gauge-installation-picture4841-gauges-night.jpg

• Sponsors (?)