installing fuel line on 93?

• Sponsors (?)

The picture makes it hard to tell. The rear part of the line where it connects to the fuel filter requires you to remove the clip that secures it to the fuel filter. That can be done with needle nose pliers. The front part where the line connects to the engine requires a fuel line disconnect tool.

Look in the A/C repair section for the fuel line tools. They look like little plastic top hats. You will need the 1/2" & 5/8" ones. The hat shaped section goes on facing the large part of the coupling. Then you press hard on the brim until it forces the sleeve into the coupling and releases the spring. You may need someone to pull on the line while you press on the coupling. Put some motor oil on them when you put the line back together.

See
Air Conditioning/Fuel Line Disconnect Tool Set (37000) for more information

LIS-37000.jpg

I installed those lines before. Keep in mind that is the supply line. You still need to buy the return line.

You need the ac tool for the engine end, but the gas tank end has those typical fuel line clips you get at a parts store.

Just be warned....its a pita to install fuel lines with the rear and trans in place. Why I did mine when in had both the rear and trans out. It can be done though...I've done it both ways