Is this theory correct? Vacuum related

90FoxBdy

Founding Member
Jun 17, 2000
Linthicum, MD
Still chasing down vacuum problems. Today what I did was cap of all ports on the vacuum tree except the one for the intake, also capped of 1 of the lines on the back of the upper intake, hooked the gauge up to the other then ran the car. I am still getting the same vacuum reading.

By doing this I eliminated all vacuum lines as a cause of my low vacuum correct??

• Sponsors (?)

One simple question I have...... do you have problems with the power brakes?..... reason for the question is to make sure you are measuring vacuum from the correct port....... and a valve train problem will show as a pattern if the preload is localized on a few of them only. LUK

I tried all the ports and am getting the same reading. I pulled the upper again and the rear three ports of both gaskets and the spacer are soaked with what I believe is the carb cleaner I have been spraying around it. That area should be bone dry correct? The moisture goes all the way to the outside of the gaskets.

I tried all the ports and am getting the same reading. I pulled the upper again and the rear three ports of both gaskets and the spacer are soaked with what I believe is the carb cleaner I have been spraying around it. That area should be bone dry correct? The moisture goes all the way to the outside of the gaskets.

The fact that the gaskets are wet indicates something wet was sucked past them. That means a leak in that area.

I just reinstalled everything with a thin bead of rtv, which I didnt want to do but we will see. It gotta be the gaskets. I found an old felpro one laying around and you can see where it actually crushed around the ports. The new ones i got I believe are bbk's are like a hard rubber. I know both surfaces are flat, I checked them 5 times.

Called around and know one has or can get the felpro's. They only sell the sets for $40. Ford cant get any till Monday.