MY ****ING CAR BURNED DOWN!!!!!!

The ratchet could have ignited it. I mean, its right between the battery terminals and if you have ever accidentally touched them together then you know sparks fly everywhere. That's my guess.

• Sponsors (?)

This is a great example of how failing to do the research, failing to understand what you are doing, and failing to take proper precautions can lead to property damage, injury, environmental destruction, and even death :bang:

Thanks for the support KT:rolleyes:

The ratchet could have ignited it. I mean, its right between the battery terminals and if you have ever accidentally touched them together then you know sparks fly everywhere. That's my guess.

Wasn't that. My buddy was watchin under the hood, there wasn't any sparks anywhere. The fire started somewhere near the throttle body, and that ratchet probably moved to there after we slammed the hood on the fire, or after the fire dept sprayed about 4 billion gallons of high pressure water on it.

I really hate this now...insurance company is keepin me waiting til monday or tuesday:mad: What do you guys think i'll get? I'm not sure if they'll total it. Everything from the doors back is still perfect, the fire only burned maybe 10 min. In the meantime, my buddy has a 93 Cobra that i'm kinda usin to get around, but I want my baby back! Then I started thinkin I could swap in one of these badboys? http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/mustang-crate-engines.shtml

What angle are you playing with the insurance company?? Are you denying knowing how the fire started or did you tell them you were messing around under the hood??

I'm telling the truth. I already had to write a police statement, and in that, I said that I was doing a simple compression test, and during that, flames just burst up. The lady I talked to already at the insurance company didn't sound like she knew anything about engines, so when she read back to me what i described, she just said, "so you were doing a compression test, and flames just started from under the hood?" I said, "yup", lol. So who knows. Probably depends on if the adjuster knows anything about what I was doing.

How the hell did this ad pop up?:shrug:

ouchhq6.jpg

Attachments

• ouchhq6.jpg
    ouchhq6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 50
ur stang is hott!

totally sucks dude, fuel spray isnt anything to **** around with. we did a fuel injector install on a buddies dsm and he didnt put the return on tight enough, it sprayed over the entire engine and the hot manifold ignited it, luckily his dad was watering the lawn, and just calmly went from watering this portion of grass, and got his engine bay for a second or two, "looks like you got some issues there" and went back to watering the grass.

ur stang is hott!

totally sucks dude, fuel spray isnt anything to **** around with. we did a fuel injector install on a buddies dsm and he didnt put the return on tight enough, it sprayed over the entire engine and the hot manifold ignited it, luckily his dad was watering the lawn, and just calmly went from watering this portion of grass, and got his engine bay for a second or two, "looks like you got some issues there" and went back to watering the grass.

:lol: :rlaugh:

sorry about your car, i got a gas leak in my tank and this picture makes me wanna fix it :nonono: about the ad next to your original post, google adsense displays adds relative to the text in page, so for example if the words "fire" and "burn" come up it dynamically assigns a related ad on the page. not a coincedence, but sure as hell funny if it was :p