MY ****ING CAR BURNED DOWN!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm really sorry about that man. I woke up one night/morning (4AM) to a car EXPLODING about 20 feet from my window. In the apartments next to my house I hear a huge BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM. Like nothing I've ever heard in my life and hear a couple car alarms going off. I felt the shockwave of it.

I was a little bit scared to even look out the window but I did after a minute or so cuz I saw flickerin of flames in my room. I go WOAH **** that cars on fire. It was just a small fire, nothing worse than a bbq. And then it started to get hotter and hotter.

And eventually engulfed the whole car haha.

It was crazy, the flames eventually got about 30feet high. Then the fireman saved the day. Except they had a hell of a time opening the hood. Took them like 10 minutes. The fire started in the gas tank of this one.

On a second note, you're going to know to ALWAYS disconnect either the fuel pump (even just unplug the wire at the inertia switch in the trunk), pull the fuse for it (sometimes hard to find, my fuses aren't labeled). Or disconnect all the injectors.

I did disconnect all the injectors......

Plenty of fuel still came through though

Ya I had a bunch of fuel comeout of mine when I disconnected them to change my sparkplugs. When I started the car up after I finished, my engine started smoking do to the fuel that fell on the headers so it dosen't take much.

Sorry about you luck! Time for a built motor or just get 03-04 Cobra.

Well, the insurance company is coming tomorrow to take her away to their shop. So I just got done tearing out all the mods I could, primarily the FR500s, and some interior stuff. Sounds like they're gonna total her, and I'm really curious what I'll get for her. It only has 22k miles on it, so I think thats working in my favor. Its hard to do anything without knowing how much i'll get, but I'm considering an 05 GT. I'm also considering buying my buddy's 93 cobra. I'm also looking for an 02 ish GT, so i'd have some extra for a few mods. I just don't know. All my professors and classmates sure enjoyed the story I had to tell today though....

I feel bad for ya man....I am curious though....did your ins. company know about all your mods under the hood? I know from experience if my ins. company saw a s/c under the hood of my gt any claim i made would be an automatic DENIED.:notnice: They could very easily say your modifications to the engine in some way caused this to happen then you would end up carless.....don't ask me how i know this cause the story is just as painful as yours....:(

Wow man, glad to see you weren't caught in the flash... that's a nasty burner. Odds are she'll be totaled. The fire must have destroyed the wiring harness, all the plumbing and tubing in the motor, pretty much everything not cast iron under the hood looks cooked. The lower half of the intake is probably goop. Not to mention, even if you fix it, it will probably stink like hell forever. I'd continue with what you're doing, strip it sensless while you have it. Once they have it, make nice with the adjuster and try to buy it back real cheap. I had a guy arrange for me to buy back my 87 when I wrecked it for $200.00 and I parted it out for around 8. There's alot of stuff on that car you can sell. Speaking of sell, are you parting out the FR500s? lol, had to ask man...

I like that Cobra... U already know it will look sick with the FR500's & its the same color as your GT....Got a few decent mods too, except the person lising them didnt seem too mustang savvy. the IRS rides sooooo nice too.... Of course its not the best for drag racing, but u will love it in daily driving...

Its already got the 4:10's too, cuz those 96-01 Cobra's really need em...

Good luck...

Yeah, I'm falling in love with that cobra. If I put my FR500s back onto it, it'd damn near look identical to my old GT. Only difference is trade a blown 2v for an NA 4v, and nicer seats, and an IRS, and little snakes, etc... I'm just hoping my insurance settlement will give me enough to buy it.

Yeah, I'm falling in love with that cobra. If I put my FR500s back onto it, it'd damn near look identical to my old GT. Only difference is trade a blown 2v for an NA 4v, and nicer seats, and an IRS, and little snakes, etc... I'm just hoping my insurance settlement will give me enough to buy it.

Your GT is/was badass bro, but your gonna love that 4V top end power so much more, especially if u go blower again....Just dont go crazy on the boost though...