New toy for the garage... ZX14

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
I been looking since Winter to score a new bike...Been back and forth between the Busa or a ZX14...

Sweet deal came up on the 14 so I picked it up today... Traded in my ZX11 and stepped up to a newer model.. This thing is stupid fast for sure... First quote for insurance was 900.00 a year....:nonono: Got that down to a more reasonable 500.00..

I'll never get the motor in my car now....:D

ZX11

zx11_1_1.jpg

ZX14

zx14_1_1.jpg

A face only a mother could love...

zx14-1_1_1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys...

I definately looked at some Ducati's...this dude had like 15 or so. He had 350 bikes in this warehouse. One of the biggest changes between the bikes is the weight...the 11 came in at 605 vs 485 for the 14... the dif in driving/handling is sweet. the 11 hauled azz as well but was a handful in the twisties...

I'd love to have a HD for a 2nd bike, as well as my Wife....she don't ride on crotch rockets anymore. I almost traded down to cause these things are recipe to speed...no way around that. when I get busted it will be for criminal speeding...not good. this thing, or most of the newer sport bikes will crack 100 in a blink.

The Ducati is actually my brother's, he's in the Navy I just maintain and keep it ready for when he comes in. I'm too clumsy and scared to be on something that quick (I've never had it out of 2nd). I actually ride a HD custom we built for him before he shipped out, once he we realized the HD requires a full garage of tools to keep it up and that was to much. So I bought the HD and he bought a 2010 1198s, I don't think I got the short end of the stick tho.

Nice work on that custom...wouldn't mind having that to tool around on...:nice:

I'm 1/2 hr from Laconia...be nice to bring that badboy to bike weekend...would def get some looks and draw a crowd.

Sweet bike man. I used to ride a little when I was younger. You are right though. If you ever look down at the Speedo when you are on a bike, you are always speeding.

Kurt

Nice work on that custom...wouldn't mind having that to tool around on...:nice:

I'm 1/2 hr from Laconia...be nice to bring that badboy to bike weekend...would def get some looks and draw a crowd.

Thanks man, that would be a haul up there, but I've heard yall have a pretty good bike week. May have to load it up and check it out one year, let you know if I do.

Figured I recall one from the archives. Traded in the 08 for the latest Kawi hyper bike... a 2012 ZX14R. The old bike was quite fast... this one is insane. 3rd gear roll ons and the tire breaks loose around 7k, especially this time of year when its cool.
Got it Saturday and Sunday I was pulled over already.....Got caught by the man romping on it and he actually let me go. Coulda nailed me for 5 violations easy.

_MG_4396.jpg