Should I get Cherry Bombs?

I have Flowamster 40 series non delta flow on Mine and love how it sounds.

As far as glasspacks go the longer ones are the only way to go if you go that route.

Also, jcp123's car does sound good for glasspacks.

Does anybody have Smitty's I think they are called on their car. They look like that second glaspack at the top of this thread. I think those are the original style of glasspack.

That brings up an interesting question. What companies made glasspacks back then?

Also, What type of glasspacks come with the Shelby side exit exhaust kits.

• Sponsors (?)

as far as straight through, dont get glasspacks, they are loud and just get louder as time goes by.....you might want to consider a Moroso spiral flow muffler...which is basically the same but instead of fiberglass it uses spiral baffles around the center tube which wont burn out...I had one on my neon and it sounded pretty nice on a 2.4L and not too loud...but then turbos do quiet sound down a bit, 2 of them on a v8 should sound good

Have you considered Arvinode chambered mufflers?

proto%20IVintermediate%20pipes%20and%20mufflers%20installed.jpg

I like the glass packs on the green 67.

This is why exhaust is so hrd to reccomend over the internet.
Just because you have a digital camera with a mic does not qualify as

"recording equipment". A lot of sound clips lose something in the translation. Probably all of them sound better in person.

I saw the Arvinode thing on a Shelby forum, obviously they are back in production?
How many dollars, and is there a sound clip of them any where?

uh........... no they dont:(

umm, yes they do...as compared to straight piping on a NA engine anyway, I can definately tell the difference between a straight pipe turbo and straight pipe NA engine of the same type, straight pipes on an NA engine are enough to give you a headache....whereas on a turbo engine its just obnoxiously loud, not to say that a turbo makes an engine quiet....just quieter than NA

I bought and installed the base model Arvinode system for my 65 K code last summer. The sound IMO is very glasspac like and was just not what I thought it would be and after a couple of weeks I ended up going back to my Flowmaster Delta 40's. The Arvinode system however is beautifully made and does fit the car like a glove. It also requires specific hangers at the mufflers and resonators to install correctly and cleanly which were not avaliable back when it first came out but are avaliable now. A ton of time and work went into developing and producing this system and it is a great product if the sound suits you.

I've heard the Arvinodes, they are definitely a nice sounding setup, IMHO. Didn't like it on the first pass in the video, but it grew one me and I think it captures the muscle car sound down to a T.

Smithy's pipes, as 65txcoupe brought up, sound nice too, very mellow. Also a very 50's touch and to be honest, I can't see them on most Mustangs, save for the more cruise-oriented ones such as convertibles.

I'm actually a little surprised by the reaction towards glasspacks...I always thought they were generally highly regarded? And Redneck? I always thought of rednecks with straight pipes or $20 turbo mufflers :D Glasspacks and Smithy's always brought to mind 50's kustoms and leadsleds (though, admittedly, not really muscle cars). At least, to me. Maybe it's cause I was raised by a 50's glasspacker :shrug: his first car was a '39 Chev with a Fenton split manifold and dual Smithy's!

umm, yes they do...as compared to straight piping on a NA engine anyway, I can definately tell the difference between a straight pipe turbo and straight pipe NA engine of the same type, straight pipes on an NA engine are enough to give you a headache....whereas on a turbo engine its just obnoxiously loud, not to say that a turbo makes an engine quiet....just quieter than NA
Are you basing this on your Neon or a turbo V8 you have actually heard???From being around more turbos in the past year, i can say a turbo did not quiet down mine one bit.I can say mine with a muffler was as loud as it was with the straight pipes.

I agree. I wouldn't put the cheapo glasspacks on mine either.

I think the Arvinode on the K code in the video sounds pretty good though.

I don't like how Spintech sounds at least from what I have heard. I don't know why, but I just don't think it sounds that great. It is loud though.

I think that Magnaflow just sounds like a muffled glasspack.

Here are is a youtube clip to compare Flowmaster and Magnaflow on the same car. I'll stick with the Flows they sound much better.

YouTube - Flowmaster Magnaflow Cuda comparison