Totalled

Before:

mini-3-1.jpg

After:

2-3.jpg

1-7.jpg

Total loss. Man this Sucks. 5 years in the making.

Edit: I'm buying it back so anything that isn't damaged I'm selling. If interested PM
Has Brembo Cobra R brakes too

• Sponsors (?)

Justin, I'm very sorry to see this. :notnice:
It was one of my favorite stangs on here and your sig was always tasty to me. :(

I hope everyone is ok??

Honestly, that looks fixable from the pics, but the most expensive part to replace will be the airbags. Mike (Mustang5L5) was talking about finding airbags on eBay for cheap, since he's putting a 94-04 steering wheel in his Fox. Latemodel Restoration Supply (50 Resto) has the body parts, and I think the core support, too, so you could fix it on the cheap, if you can do the labor yourself.

Just wanted to add also, let's keep any offers for parts in PM's, if that's the route the car is headed down.

Just in case, here's a pair of black airbags for $400 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...022QQitemZ350099724422QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Core support for $99:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-16138B 1&comp=LRS

Header panel for $59:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-8284B 1&comp=LRS

Just some quick parts that I know you'd need off hand. The bumper cover looks pretty scuffed, but possibly salvagable. The important thing is, of course that you're ok, and it's just a car, but I still think you could save it! :)

#$%^ the airbags. Had 2 cars airbags come out on me and only thing they did was take away my oxygen. You are legally not required to have them in many states on a 94/95 anyway. Seatbelts save lives. The only airbags that do any good are side impact and you dont have them anyway. Save the weight.

Doesnt appear you touched the brakes.. looks like you ran into something really low.

Who gives a chit about a salvage title....put that puppy back together......it is a great looking car.......from the pics it looks fixable.......but I know you have to make a choice brother...........good luck with it....how much can you buy it back for?

Fight the insurance company! I've saved my 94 V6 TWICE from being totalled! Contact these people:

Diminished Value Auto Appraisal Experts | Insurance Claims | Wrecked Car Value

For $400 they will negotiate with your insurance carrier and at least get you fair value for what you have. California cars are worth a LOT more than what an insurance company will pay. If you have any specific questions, PM me. I'll give you my phone number if you want to talk about your options.

Well let me give you guys some more detail. The accident was my fault since I pulled out and made a left turn in front of another car. What is jacked up is it was on a residential street and my 35 mph airbags deployed. You can imagine how fast he was going to do that kind of damage and make the airbags deploy. Despite that since it was my stupid left turn (I didn't see him. I was distracted by parking. I hate going to people's apartment complexes.) I still get full blame. Fortunately nobody was hurt neither myself or the other driver.

As far as the car goes I could probably fix it but I think I'm ready to move on. Or I will strip the parts buy one cheap and transfer stuff over. The insurance company offered me $4,000 for the car, which is B.S. I'm asking for $5,500. Now here is more good news. I had a $2,500 dollar policy on my stereo so I automatically get an extra 2,500. So right now I'm at 6,100 after my deductible. This is without them upping the value since I'm submitting autotrader cars that are going for much more than $4,000 dollars. Like I said I'm trying to get $5,500 and then the stereo. That would put me at $7,500 with my $500 dollar deductible taken out. In addition, however, I will get a percentage of the $6,000 in receipts I have in upgrades to the car. So I could net a pretty good amount. Now for the best part...after working them for all of this...I can buy it for $500 since that value does not change regardless of payout and sell all of the high performance parts on it. I might actually end up ahead except for the higher insurance rates.

Now I'm just waiting for their reevaluation. I'm lucky because my adjuster is a muscle car guy and has a few of his own and is helping more than you can imagine. Plus keeping every most of my receipts is also helpful in getting some of that 6K bak. But if I come out with the insurance company well and sell all the parts, I might just take the money and run.

At this point that is what I'm looking to do. As was mentioned earlier in the thread if you are interested in parts I'm already taking things off so send offers via pm. Do not post offers in this thread as requested by the Mods.

Best Regards
- Justin Archer -

That sucks! This brings me back to memories when my '98 v6 convertible was totaled (not my fault). Was the unibody damaged at all? If so, can't fix it.......or so I've been told. I'm wondering if you could get a lawyer to get that guy on his speeding if you are really sure that's what happened. You could easily get info on the airbags for that year of car and get a dealership quote as to when the airbags go off. But then again, maybe it depends on where the impact happened?

My car was totalled because my airbags deployed too. It was driveable and still in nearly perfect condition. SO I took the opportunity to build it better. ;) Just so you know, the airbag sensor is not an indicator of how fast anyone going. Mine deployed in 15mph crash. I believe you when you say he was speeding though. Although mine looked like yours .. not quite that bad at 15mph.

Here's another thought about the value of your car.....have you tried barganing with the insurance company on that? It looks like you have a lot of after market stuff on your car. With the value they are giving you it's for a stock mustang of that year. Never hurts to try. A friend of mine was able to do it with his '95 GT a few years ago.