When Did The Fart Can First Appear?

• Sponsors (?)

1999 or 2000 ish?

Remember the taillight trends? FIrst there were blackout covers, then those stupid all-clear taillights showed up. Then blackouts faded away and altezzas and smoked headlights hit the market.

Mustang5L5 said:

Ah yes, who could forget about that. Somehow, calling those 2 "idiots" just doesn't stress enough how stupid some people are. Listening to that guy say: "it goes woo-wooooo" makes me rediculously angry HaHAha

Reporter: But local neighbors are complaining that it wakes them up
Idiot #1: Yeah thats only in the morning, they are supposed to be up making breakfast! Its like an alarm clock. Woo-Wooooo

....my god....just kill yourself already

I love his driving towards the end of that video....

Damn, that Bubb Rubb guy sure knows how to drive. Notice he almost clips a truck, smacks a turning car, proceeds to run a stop sign, and jerks it far to the right on his mega power shift...:rolleyes:

I heard and saw my first one in 96. I remember it clearly thinking to myself, "What the hell is that? A lawn mower?" After running to my balcony (I lived in an apt at the time) I saw a white honda with this elephant ******* exaust. I remember thinking to myself "I sure hope this isn't a trend."

HKS started the Big, Chrome Fart Can Movement in the early ninties(92-94). It appeared the Same exact time as the Supra & it's whale of a wing(that if you remember ended up on every toyota tercel/corolla/paseo, etc, back then). Most kids could not afford HKS back then, so they would buy a Bosal Brospeed tip(available in sizes ranging from 2"-6 freaking inches), then puncha hole in the muffler with a screw driver.

I started noticing the trend right around 2000-2001, I guess right before or around the first Fast and Furious caught on.

And also, I definatly agree with Jason that it got REAL big when the immigration thing exploded in my area. Most of the worst ricers are immigrants (mostly Mexicans... legal or not I dont know), and I dont mean that in a demeaning or racist way at all, its just how it is.

I think some kid in Japan couldn't get the exhaust parts he wanted or maybe he was poor and cut the pipe off his motorcycle.... thus dooming us all

squares98 said:
HKS started the Big, Chrome Fart Can Movement in the early ninties(92-94). It appeared the Same exact time as the Supra & it's whale of a wing(that if you remember ended up on every toyota tercel/corolla/paseo, etc, back then). Most kids could not afford HKS back then, so they would buy a Bosal Brospeed tip(available in sizes ranging from 2"-6 freaking inches), then puncha hole in the muffler with a screw driver.
yeah it was early 90's, i remember this shop always trying to get me to put a Remus muffler kit on my girls 89 RX7...then when she traded that in on a 93 RX7 and i had a 94 Supra he wouldn't leave me alone (was a stereo shop so i was always in there) One of the reasons i came back to Domestic cars was imports were getting extremely popular and getting stolen/broken into in our area. Now its really bad...most of these kids don't even look twice at a mustang which is a good thing.

DropTopPony said:
Now its really bad...most of these kids don't even look twice at a mustang which is a good thing.

My neighbor was parked at the CH mall a couple weeks ago and came out to find a security guard and a bunch of kids around her stang (she was parked out away from everyone else). Apparently the kids were trying to break into her car and told the guard it was their friend's. So they are still looking some.. I'm noticing the kids around here starting to get into some of the domestics, but then ricing them out with neon and such...