Worst Mustang vendor ever

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
I hate when people trash vendors online with half baked stories but I feel I am justified. I'll just give you the facts and you decide.
Oct. 2004, I ordered an instrument cluster from J.M.E. to be loaded with Autometer gauges. The agreement was that they would use all new parts so I didn't have to send my used unit in (brushed aluminum, 1967). I knew there would be a long wait. They told me about 6 mos. I was fine with that. They also told me that they would charge me 1/2 of the total price when they started working on my part and bill the rest when it was done. Great.
The middle of August, 2005, my account was billed the full amount (breach of contract)! It had been 10 months instead of six, but that was fine too. I had five bills out to be paid and got charged overdraft charges on those five and the J.M.E. unit for a total of $192.00! I had always kept one half of the total price in that account to cover the charge I expected. I'm still fine to this point, but not too happy.
I call them immediately to let them know I would be putting the money into the acct. I did not complain and they didn't have a clue what was going on. On Aug. 25, I called and let them know that the charge had cleared my bank. He said he would check it out and get the part out that day. Fine again.
Did they ship it? NO! I called one week later and inquired. He stated that the part had not been shipped. I reminded him that the amount had cleared the bank and he said he would ship it a week before. He apologized and said it would go out that day. Did it? NO! Four days later, I call. Did it ship?NO! A couple of days later, it finally leaves their facilty (probably with dust on the box).
It's not worthy of a lawsuit, but definitely a warning to others. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm...nobody else cares if they waited eleven months for a part, were lied to repeatedly, and never once recieved an e-mail or phone call from the company. You are truly amazing people. :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

No. I was hoping for a ban on alll J.M.E. products, a nasty e-mail, a phone call, or at least a " dammit, that sucks, dude". But I guess ethics don't exist unless it affects our gas tanks. Thx 4 the support.

Let me tell you about California Mustang.I went in there to buy something,which they didnt have or know what it was,but I got from MD at a cheaper price :nice: ,anyhoo, some guy ask to take a picture of my car,"sure go ahead".A month later,heres their new catalog,with my cay on about 8 or 9 pages.I spoke with the GM and he says"im sure we didnt use your car,but IF WE DID,you are entitled to a $100 gift certificate,but we didnt know who owned the car", so you used it anyway huh???Well my gripe was that I had a few sponsors lined up fpr SEMA and promised them my car had not been seen or had any media exposure since its completion.Well the sponsors call me and rip me anew one and drop me.I git some A hole lawyer that did nothing and didnt belive it was my car,THEY offered $1000 in their merchandise.I dont want to give them the business or need anything and it wouldnt get much at their prices anyway.Its not finished yet,but I told them until we come to some agreement, I will let everybody know on everyboard and at everyshow what they did.

THEY SUCK AND THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES

Heck, I've been hosed by lots of places. Yes it bites, but what's a guy to do? Start making my own Mustang parts? Whenever I order something, I try to do a few things to avoid an arguement. First, I never get in a hurry for stuff, I always have more time than money, so if the parts take a few extra days, so what? Second, I always ask if the parts are in stock. If they aren't just tell me now, but everyone hates to be lied to, me included. I also ask the total price to my door, add it up before you order, and if they charge outlandish "handling" fees, shop elsewhere. I also ask about the quality of the part, and about returns if it's not up to YOUR standards, not the sellers. Lastly, be nice. The guy on the other end of the phone is human, and doesn't like to be yelled at any more than you do. Ever make a mistake at work? Do you like to be called every name in the book because the shipping guy that filled the order misread something? Me neither, and if it's their mistake, all of the companies I've dealt with take care of it very nicely. Threatening to kick someones butt over the phone is usually not the way to motivate them to help you. Oh yeah, if any vendor wants to throw a grand worth of parts my way for using a pic of my car, feel free. :D Heck for that kind of money, I'll give them nude pics of Mrs Zookeeper to publish. Sure, she'll be mad for a while, but she'll get over it and I'll still have the parts! :nice:

zookeeper said:
Oh yeah, if any vendor wants to throw a grand worth of parts my way for using a pic of my car, feel free. :D Heck for that kind of money,
If I needed anything I would have,but the car is completely new, top to bottom, left to right.But how much can you get when what you want is 100 bucks compared to 50 or 60 elsewhere.Its not going to go very far. :nonono:

whne i deal with vendors through the mail, over the phone, or via the internet, i expect a certain level of customer service. that means if i order parts, and they have my phone number and or email address, let me know if the parts are being shipped, being delayed and what the reason for the delay is, especially if i have sent you an email, letter or phone call to find out what is going on. i ordered a few parts from 50resto.com, didnt hear anything from them for a week, sent them an email asking what the status of the order was, didnt hear anything from them for another week, sent them an email canceling the order, finally got a call from them a month and 1/2 after i originally placed the order asking if i still wanted the parts. i asked them if they even bothered to check their email, in which they would have found two from me, one asking whats up with the order, and the second canceling the order. the guy just said ok and hung up. they missed out on a $300 order for lack of communication.

everytime iordee something MU and it's on backorder or whatever, they always send me a postcard, letting me know what's up and telling that i can cancel by either sending them an email or calling it in or if i want to continue waiting to just ignore the postcard and it says that hopefully the backordered part is excpected to be in by such and such date. if that date comes and the parts aren't there they send another post card, if the parts do come in they will call and ask if i still want them. if i say yes the guy will put me on hold and physically to check that he has a part to send me, then he comes back to the phone and says "i have it in my hand and will make sure it gets shipped asap" they have done this everytime they have a backordered part that i have ordered.

mustangdave said:
No. I was hoping for a ban on alll J.M.E. products, a nasty e-mail, a phone call, or at least a " dammit, that sucks, dude". But I guess ethics don't exist unless it affects our gas tanks. Thx 4 the support.

WTF? You want a hug or something?

I am sending my support to the Red Cross.

:rlaugh: I meant it jokingly but after rereading it, it is weenie-like. :D My best experience has been dealing with NPD; they always see if it is in stock, give me totals and time and have never let me down. I just don't understand how a business can treat customers like everybody is mentioning here. I won't shop at any of these places again. Is there that much demand for our limited market that they can be unprofessional and stay in business. I will do without a product before I deal with someone like that again.

I'm a big fan of NPD as well. I know a guy who works there, and he always takes care of me. They sent me a wrong center link once (the package had been labelled incorrectly from the supplier) and the FEd-Ex'ed the correct replacement part for Saturday delivery at the shop where my car was.

Service doesn't get any better than that.

gp001 said:
I put a quarter in a gum ball machine one and no gum ball came out. WHAT A RIP!
Did you try to resolve the issue with the vendor? You could have a case for mental anguish seeing as how you were prepared to chew... who knows, your jaw might have gone out of control, flapping wildly. :D

I can't say I really care, because JME is hopelessly overpriced for what they offer IMHO and I don't ever plan on purchasing a thing from 'em. I figure you got screwed a whole bunch... first when you decided to pay JME prices, second when you made a rather terrible mistake of paying them with your debit card (should've used a credit card), third when they said you'd have to wait way too damn long, fourth when you willingly paid the overdraft fees for their error, fifth when they made you wait even longer to actually get the damn thing, sixth when they repeatedly lied to you about the thing shipping. Yep, you got screwed, and at least half of it is on you. Now that sucks. :notnice: :nonono:

Look at this way: at least it's over now. :rolleyes:

DarkBuddha said:
I can't say I really care, because JME is hopelessly overpriced for what they offer IMHO and I don't ever plan on purchasing a thing from 'em. I figure you got screwed a whole bunch... first when you decided to pay JME prices, second when you made a rather terrible mistake of paying them with your debit card (should've used a credit card), third when they said you'd have to wait way too damn long, fourth when you willingly paid the overdraft fees for their error, fifth when they made you wait even longer to actually get the damn thing, sixth when they repeatedly lied to you about the thing shipping. Yep, you got screwed, and at least half of it is on you. Now that sucks. :notnice: :nonono:

Look at this way: at least it's over now. :rolleyes:

Don't hold back DB, tell us how you really feel :D

bnickel said:
did someone sat gumball? gumball, pass it on...............gumball pass it on............. if anyone knows what i'm talking about, that was a great movie... :D

Best part was when the two guys passed under the overpass; "saluting" the cops. :lol:

BTW, who were the two actors, and what were they driving? Wait, one was a 427 Cobra; but what was the other car? :scratch:

here is the cast list

Michael Sarrazin
Tim McIntire

Gary Busey

Raul Julia

John Durren

Susan Flannery

Steven Keats

Joanne Nail

Nicholas Pryor

J. Pat O'Malley

as for the cars, there was the cobra, a gullwing mercedes, a t-bucket, a mustang, a camaro, a ferrari daytona................hell i can't remember all of them. that's one of the great car movies i still need to buy.