wtf!!!!!!!!!! overheating help

Wow, I wouldnt have expected some of what you're seeing.

I like to bleed the system with it open - that allows air to purge much easier.

If it cools off once up to speed, check the fan more - it might not be pulling as much air as it should.

If it run at 215 all the time and all else is ruled out (air issues, stat issues, etc), that indicates the radiator cant reject enough heat.

Good luck.

• Sponsors (?)

HISSIN50 said:
Wow, I wouldnt have expected some of what you're seeing.

I like to bleed the system with it open - that allows air to purge much easier.

If it cools off once up to speed, check the fan more - it might not be pulling as much air as it should.

If it run at 215 all the time and all else is ruled out (air issues, stat issues, etc), that indicates the radiator cant reject enough heat.

Good luck.

a Be Cool cant reject enough heat?

Two things I would do.......1st...since the car is running take it a parts store snd pull those codes.....there on for a reason.....you NEED to find out what they are........2nd.......I would let the car sit and get cold again.......pull the cap and run it for little while and make sure all air is out.........BUT...glad to hear she's pulling hard....

sick_azz_cobra said:
a Be Cool cant reject enough heat?
We dont know - we can only provide answers based upon the info given. I think I made a bit of a blanket-statement that if you rule out all other variables, then absolute heat rejection is a possible place to look.

That said, I saw a few things I'd have done differently or would troubleshoot before getting anywhere near such an assumption. That radiator should be outstanding. :nice:

Best of luck with figuring it out.

I do. :D

Seriously, if this isnt a DD, give it a couple days and take a break.

I think I saw your other thread and someone indicated the HG might have been backwards. That'd make it tough to cool right.

After a few days off, you might feel like farting with it some more. :nice:

HISSIN50 said:
I do. :D

Seriously, if this isnt a DD, give it a couple days and take a break.

I think I saw your other thread and someone indicated the HG might have been backwards. That'd make it tough to cool right.

After a few days off, you might feel like farting with it some more. :nice:

already have it half way apart, i put the head gaskets front to front on both sides..:shrug:

Do you know if the lacing was facing the same way on both banks? That could have allowed you to block ports (though I have no idea what gaskets you used)..........

Good luck.

IF it was running around 215 degrees that is completely normal. Your stock lowspeed fan does not even come on until 211 degrees or so. So if you are going slow then not much air will be flowing over it. When you get to speed then it will be nice and cool. With a 180 stat and a fluidyne i used to run 215ish around town and with the tweecer i run much cooler now cause the fans come on sooner.