Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

Had these parts readily available. Ignore the fact it's a 3-port MC. Pretend bottom port isn't there

All you need are two lines, m12 and m10 bubble flare fittings. You can use hard or soft tubing but if you don't have a vice the hard tuning is easier.

IMG_5583.JPG

Set up like so so that the end of the tubing goes into the reservioir. You want the end to expel fluid under the fill line so you don't draw in air.
IMG_5587.JPG

Hold it level, brace against wall and pump piston with screwdriver under no more air is seen coming from tubes. Should take 5-10 pumps tops

IMG_5586.JPG

Carefully remove tubes, and install immediately.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user
You don't even need a vice. I held mine in one hand, used a screwdriver to push the piston and braces the far end against a wall.

For all the work you've done, bleeding is easy. Don't get intimidated by it.

If I remember tonight I'll snap a pic of my bleeding setup. I might be able to find the fitting sizes too. Just need to pick up some 12" pieces from local parts store

Edit: M12 and M10 ISO bubble flare
I'm not intimidated by the process. It's just that I'm doing my research into this step and questions came up. I'll see if I have the fittings to "palm" bleed it myself. If not I'll have the local shop. Either way it will be completed.

Come Monday I'll be getting the tail pipes pulled down a bit as they're too high at exit. Then a tune down in Huntington Beach. I think I'll give my wallet a break after that.

Attachments

• 20190801_171219.jpg
    20190801_171219.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 150
I'm already starting to think about the tune. I may schedule it for a weekend coming up this month. If so I'll change out my plugs first as my car runs rich. Any spark plug suggestions for a N/A car with Twisted Wedge H/C/I? American Muscle and LMR have a lot of options, but don't really describe the application too well.

We may have to change this to an ongoing build thread.

I'm already starting to think about the tune. I may schedule it for a weekend coming up this month. If so I'll change out my plugs first as my car runs rich. Any spark plug suggestions for a N/A car with Twisted Wedge H/C/I? American Muscle and LMR have a lot of options, but don't really describe the application too well.

We may have to change this to an ongoing build thread.
I don’t have a plug suggestion but what I do recommend is getting the plugs and getting to your dyno early and swapping them outside . Talk to the tuner first Incase he wants to mess with cold start or idle stuff first then swap .

Just a suggestion from a guy who’s dyno quite a few cars

I don’t have a plug suggestion but what I do recommend is getting the plugs and getting to your dyno early and swapping them outside . Talk to the tuner first Incase he wants to mess with cold start or idle stuff first then swap .

Just a suggestion from a guy who’s dyno quite a few cars
That's a good point. I do have an email out to the guy in order to schedule an appointment so I can bring that up. Thanks.

BTW, Rock Auto admitted to me today via email that the part they sent me was wrong and that they'll be reimbursing me the shipping cost. Nice.

Reactions: 1 users
That's a good point. I do have an email out to the guy in order to schedule an appointment so I can bring that up. Thanks.

BTW, Rock Auto admitted to me today via email that the part they sent me was wrong and that they'll be reimbursing me the shipping cost. Nice.
They are stellar . I ordered about 70 plus of the wrong spark plug . They took them all back reimbursed me and i got the right ones

I actually went to a pet store today to buy the plastic tubing needed to bleed my brakes.i find that to be a little comical as no auto parts stores had 1/4" ID clear plastic tubing. Adapt and overcome.

• Agree
The email I just sent to Rock Auto. Un-believable!

I anxiously arrived home today hoping to finish the front rotor install on my car. I had already confirmed the front door arrival of my two "18A964A" rotors, but was shocked when I opened the box and saw two completely different rotors despite the packing list indicating two "18A964A" rotors. This is now the second time I've received a 14.5" rotor which coincidentally is useless to me as I can't even install it on my car's hub if I wanted to. I now have one correct 13" rotor and one 14.5" which I can't use. I'm requesting that you mail me a single 13" diameter rotor for a 2003 or 2004 Supercharged Cobra (part number 18A964A) as soon as possible (overnight would be preferred). This is my first interaction with Rock Auto and I spent more than $700. I understand mix ups, but why ANYONE would ship two completely different sized rotors with the same part number when they are visibly different from each other and having different weights is beyond me. I've attached photos to confirm my statements.

Attachments

• 20190802_173952.jpg
    20190802_173952.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 20190802_174055.jpg
    20190802_174055.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190802_174100.jpg
    20190802_174100.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users