1990 GT, R block stroker, PTK, 88mm Turbonetics, Street Car Build

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the valvetrain right on a solid roller you will be able to go a long time before adjusting the valves. After talking to brad at liberty yesterday, he told me that the T-56 magnum is the way to go, they sell them with upgraded synchros for 3200. He also told me that the viper t-56's are really no different than any of the other t-56 transmissions. When my TKO breaks, ill probably upgrade to the magnum

There is a big difference if your talking with a prohat. My supervictor is also under the stock hood but I had to use one of the lowest elbows edelbrock sells before it becomes a restriction.

That's what I thought.

When you say solid lifter I hope you don't mean its solid roller and your swapping it out. Mo powa

That's what I planned on doing. I don't want to deal with the maintenance on the valvetrain. Here's the cam card. It's a very high lift cam. I was told I'll need to run an external vacuum pump to run power brakes. Thoughts?

dscn1703e.jpg

If you have the valvetrain right on a solid roller you will be able to go a long time before adjusting the valves. After talking to brad at liberty yesterday, he told me that the T-56 magnum is the way to go, they sell them with upgraded synchros for 3200. He also told me that the viper t-56's are really no different than any of the other t-56 transmissions. When my TKO breaks, ill probably upgrade to the magnum

From what I've read the Magnum is rated at 700 fl/lbs and the G force is over 1000. Who knows how realistic that is though.

Attachments

• dscn1703e.jpg
    dscn1703e.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for the cam specs! I'm letting the engine builder farm out the custom roller cam grind. First, I'm going to get seom educated opinions on how rough the current custom cam would be. If it turns out to not be as brutal of a grind as I was told, I may just run it as is.

Got a line on a brand new set of AFR 225's, hoping the deal works out. I was going for TFS high ports, but with the amount of air this turbo will move and my relatively low power goal, I wont need heads that size. I also don't want to modify my headers and crossover to work on the high ports. Progress will be slow through the holidays, but stay tuned.

Gonna be one hell of a setup. How many cubes is your engine going to be?

Thanks, the paperwork says 4.050 bore, and I was told it works out to 352ci. I'll get final specs when everything is measured and the Chinese crank is replaced.

Whos building the motor?

Richie at PCHS Racing Engines here on the island is going to do the build. He builds some serious ****. They're the best out here according to pretty much every shop I called.

He is using redfox to assemble and design cam specs.

DA PLANE DA PLANE DA PLANE

I said progress would be slow through the holidays, and that it has been. By slow I mean there has been none. I attempted to sell off the kit and turbo due to aspirations of going with twins, but everyone is broke. At this point the project is in a holding pattern until I get some more free time and disposable income. I'll be doing cheap things to the roller until then, i.e. swapping the interior and sound deadening, etc. Meh...

The solid roller is a -9 so you can use a standard steel dist gear, Ive been using more of them, never fear the solid roller! Thats a big ass turbo cam....

The last custom I just did I use a -9 was .577/.577 218/218 114... was still making power at 7800rpm where we stopped making pulls. 4.125" bore 347ci, AFR225 ported, aftermarket valves, PAC springs 250lbs on the seat, Ti retainers, Spyder intake, GT42 76mm making 650hp/600tq at 10psi. I put a MMR TKO900 in the car with a custom single disc McLeod set-up, works great so far...I fear a twin disc is in the future. The car revs to 8000rpm so fast its scary, the baddest street car I have ever built, then you cruise it around and it drives better then stock....

Id love to put 18-20psi to the car and let it eat, no doubt 4 digit power but it has a 60lb inj and I have only made 830hp with those in the past. Stock eec with a SCT chip t

What's the point of posting that in here?

Everything is for sale at all times, no matter what stage of completion. You should know the name of the game by now. I'm asking for a sale or trade for a notchback because that's the body style I prefer. A car will be built regardless.
It just doesn't make sense to me to work on one just to possibly sell it. Sounds like your just working for nothing.

It just doesn't make sense to me to work on one just to possibly sell it. Sounds like your just working for nothing.

There are reasons behind everything I do. Sometimes, I just do whatever the hell I want regardless of the monetary outcome. Modifying cars isn't a money making endeavor, so I have a career for that. I do this for fun. Working on them is 90% of the enjoyment for me nowadays. Once they're done, I typically get very bored very quickly.

There are reasons behind everything I do. Sometimes, I just do whatever the hell I want regardless of the monetary outcome. Modifying cars isn't a money making endeavor, so I have a career for that. I do this for fun. Working on them is 90% of the enjoyment for me nowadays. Once they're done, I typically get very bored very quickly.
I agree. I'm the same way. But with the set-up that you might be going with sounds like a hell of alot of fun. Call it what it is but i strongly enjoy wreaking havoc in the streets. And your set-up would get me in lot of interesting situations.

Finally scored a set of heads. AFR 225 "Outlaw" CNC Race Heads PN#1451. These should make some power...

They have 58cc combustion chambers, 2.08intake/1.60exhaust, 10 degree locks and retainers, 7/16 rocker studs and guide plates. Valvetrain will be changed depending on what direction I take with the camshaft.

AFR225HEADS018.jpg

AFR225HEADS021.jpg

AFR225HEADS020.jpg

AFR225HEADS019.jpg

Attachments

• AFR225HEADS018.jpg
    AFR225HEADS018.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 82
  • AFR225HEADS021.jpg
    AFR225HEADS021.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 96
  • AFR225HEADS020.jpg