4K to spend what should I do

• Sponsors (?)

this is 4k canadian though, the trickflow kit will be over 3 after taxes and shipping. The sfc's will be 220+ after it all, and the sn95 conversion would cost probably another 2200+ with the wheels and tires, IF he gets the junkyard stuff at a bargain. If not, its 3 grand for the m2300k kit.
I personally, would do the brakes and wheels, if not that, I'd get the trickflow top end kit, and either way, get some sfc's too. But I'd go brakes and some sfcs.

rigamaroles said:
this is 4k canadian though, the trickflow kit will be over 3 after taxes and shipping. The sfc's will be 220+ after it all, and the sn95 conversion would cost probably another 2200+ with the wheels and tires, IF he gets the junkyard stuff at a bargain. If not, its 3 grand for the m2300k kit.
I personally, would do the brakes and wheels, if not that, I'd get the trickflow top end kit, and either way, get some sfc's too. But I'd go brakes and some sfcs.

True - I'm thinking US$$ - I did junkyard brakes and bought new pull off wheels and tires from Ebay. I spent under $1500 for it all.

I agree though - chassis - then brakes - then performance!

im in the same boat as you roland, just sold my dirtbike also and it sucks. but im either going with a DIY master power t70 kit with all the supporting hardware. or for a little more im getting the canfield 170's with a comp xe274hr-12. either way i should be happy, but im leaning towards the turbo.

ryan218 said:
i say you go with new heads

the heads i think you should get are called

Ford Racing GT-40 Turbo Swrile Aluminum Heads. there a new product from ford racing.

they are desinged to either work with stock or an aftermarket intake,cams, even headers.

then for an intake. i think you should get a Edelbrock Performer RPM Manifolds. at 5,500 it gives you 37 extra hp power

then i think you should get a 70 mm thorttle body

gt-40 ts heads are around 1,000 depending on how big you want the chambers

the intake is 499.99 each

then i think you should get a cam.

the F303 gets my vote. it gives midrangeand up power. (more then the E303 cam)

so it would work well with the heads, and intake. both of them make more power and have a higher power band. it cost 169.99

i think either do that or get the Holley equipped package.

get 350 HP from your Mustang 5.0L

the kit is $2,279.95

but since eveyone thinks im stupid you may not want to listen to me :shrug:

good luck :nice:

You must have gotten this from a ford motorsports cataloge. These parts would be the best of the best say 15 years ago, now there are much better heads, cams, and intakes out there. The TFS kit is probably the best bang for the buck out there, with that GT-40 kit you might make around 265-280 at the wheels, with the TFS kit you can expect to see at least 290rwhp.

795.0pacecar said:
You must have gotten this from a ford motorsports cataloge. These parts would be the best of the best say 15 years ago, now there are much better heads, cams, and intakes out there. The TFS kit is probably the best bang for the buck out there, with that GT-40 kit you might make around 265-280 at the wheels, with the TFS kit you can expect to see at least 290rwhp.

nope Summit.

the gt-40 ts heads are new and inproved.

trying to talk my dad into a h/c/i with the 2.200 bucks he has sitting around.

but a rebuild first. over 230,000 miles on this engine and tranny:crazy:

The GT40s are nothing special, the only out of the box decent ones are the GT40X heads and my thumpers out flow them. You can believe they are new and improved and can be compared to TFS or AFR heads if you like but when your running aluminum GT40s dont complain that you spent as much as the AFR or TFS guys but your still slower.

795.0pacecar said:
The GT40s are nothing special, the only out of the box decent ones are the GT40X heads and my thumpers out flow them. You can believe they are new and improved and can be compared to TFS or AFR heads if you like but when your running aluminum GT40s dont complain that you spent as much as the AFR or TFS guys but your still slower.

Didnt ford just re-do them, now they have the x-305 heads.

795.0pacecar said:

I bought the GT40X303 heads. My rationale was that I'm not looking for maximum performance, just something well-made that will give me proven power with reliability. I went with those heads, a Cobra intake, E-cam, 1.6 roller rockers and 24lb injectors. If FRPP's claims are to be believed, that combo generates 345 hp at the crank. I'm not looking to run 12's, I'm looking to drive my car and have fun.

Im not saying they are bad heads. Im just saying there is better, and your most likely not going to get 300rwhp with and GT40 series heads other than the x305 which is still asking alot, without some porting and maybe a valve job. The GT40x305s Cost as much as trick flows and AFRs but flow less. These are fords top of the line 5.0/5.8 cylinder heads against TFS and AFR's bottom of the line, and for a couple hundred more dollars you can have heads from TFS or AFR that out perform them by quite a bit.