Wheels-Tires 91 fox tire question

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
This is the usual question,been asked many times,i just did 5 lug and 4 wheel disk brakes,decided to go with 10" saleen sc rims in the rear with fox length axles, i ended up mounting my 275/40-17 bfg kdw on them,but i would like to see a little less stretch.I know the nittos run smaller,and some ppl mount 315s with minor work,i have my lip rolled already and im thinking of giving it a try but not sure yet.
My question is?,since nittos run smaller,what size should i get for the front?....i have bfg 255s now?....what size from nitto would be close to that?

havnt been on here for a while site looks great!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried tire rack? I think they also have a guide that tells you the measurements for the different brands.
ya i looked at all the specs,but each company has a different way of measuring them,so its still a toss up...but i ordered the continental 285s for the rear and 255s for the front,we see how they fit.,hope my lip is rolled enough already for the rears.

255's rub really bad on my car at full lock. I didn't try rack limiters though, may eventually look into them but really don't care enough yet.

Car has :

FR500 wheels 9" wide with 255/40 and 10.5" with 275/40, 94 spindles, 04 calipers/rotors, upr bumpsteer, k member, a arms, cc plates, coilovers, ranger axles drums, frpp c springs with one coil cut so the car is lowered and needed inner fenders massaged, parking brake cables relocated and should probably roll my fender lips but not really an issue yet

Reactions: 1 user
255's rub really bad on my car at full lock. I didn't try rack limiters though, may eventually look into them but really don't care enough yet.

Car has :

FR500 wheels 9" wide with 255/40 and 10.5" with 275/40, 94 spindles, 04 calipers/rotors, upr bumpsteer, k member, a arms, cc plates, coilovers, ranger axles drums, frpp c springs with one coil cut so the car is lowered and needed inner fenders massaged, parking brake cables relocated and should probably roll my fender lips but not really an issue yet
ya,255s rub at full lock...need a couple rack limiters, a little less u turn ability,but super easy to install...

275 on 10.5 rims?...must have a bit of a stretch look?

Ps...what you guys using to post pics now a days?

Attachments

• Mustang_IMG_20180427_071529.jpg
    Mustang_IMG_20180427_071529.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 1 user