94-04 calipers on 67-68

Finally some useful information

That information/setup came out in 2001 from a guy named Doug Bender, from Pennsylvania, who goes by the board name "Fairlaniac".

The setup shown was developed by Doug and was used and tested on his friend Earl Hayes' drag car. It uses a '99-'04 SN95 Mustang V6/GT front caliper mounted on a '75-'80 Granada spindle with the stock 11.25" Granada rotor. It is not an SN95 caliper coupled with an SN95 rotor.

Doug used to have the CAD drawings with the dimension specs for making these brakets (in conjunction with the photos shown) posted on his website. In a later revision, he had designed a full one-piece version of these brackets and was going to market them for sale to the general public, but at the last minute, I guess Doug got cold feet at the thought of a possible liabilty law suit against him if some customer got hurt in the use of his bracket design and Doug decided not to go through with producing them.

At that point, Doug removed the CAD drawings from the webpage and only left the photos of the setup, to reduce the chances of someone being able to easily rip off his design and producing it for profit for themselves.

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased a set of MS front brackets VERY early in their production run, wrote/photogrpahed/posted a brief write-up the weekend I installed them and was asked via email and PM many times to provide measurements. I declined all of those requests with the response similar to "if you wanna leech off his work buy a set yourself".

If anyone wants to share their work that's fine of course, just like it is fine if they choose not to.

This debate contains more than 60 postings but the only useful information comes at the end: nobody has done this conversion hence there is no blueprint. But there were at least ten people with some blueprints and really what was the goal of their postings? Was I expected to beg them or offer money for the blueprint which would be ultimately useless for my application?

This debate contains more than 60 postings but the only useful information comes at the end: nobody has done this conversion hence there is no blueprint. But there were at least ten people with some blueprints and really what was the goal of their postings? Was I expected to beg them or offer money for the blueprint which would be ultimately useless for my application?

actually i said that in the first few posts.

check www.dazecars.com he's made a set of 3/8, i believe, caliper brackets for the sn-95 v6/GT calipers on the stock 65-70 drum brake spindle. don't think the regular v6/gt caliper will work with the vintage venom or mustangsteve brackets since they were designed for the 13" brakes. i'm not aware of anyone who makes a bracket or any other kit to use the whole setup from the gt though, just the calipers using original early model rotors.
www.ultrastang.com has the brackets for the rear brakes. vintage venom has only brackets for the cobra rear brakes.

Someone obviously doesn't read the post in his own thread clearly.
The fact that they are not made was mentioned early on and I even chimed in with the fact that the one set I knew of that was in production was taken off the market, which was the dazecars set.

you smart lookin man forget about brake brackets and ethical dilemma whether to give or not what you don't have, get a woman or maybe a boy and enjoy life

At the risk of being presumptious, I think I speak for everyone when I say........................What?
Dude, your so worked up, your not making any sense...

LMan, you crack me up...:rlaugh:

Uh, I may have not posted that well, the first part was refering to what 67rks wrote
you smart lookin man forget about brake brackets and ethical dilemma whether to give or not what you don't have, get a woman or maybe a boy and enjoy life

Cause I didn't understand any of that...

The second part was just me laughing at what Lman wrote...

Sorry if that was confusing. No offense was intended...

Uh, I may have not posted that well, the first part was refering to what 67rks wrote

Cause I didn't understand any of that...

The second part was just me laughing at what Lman wrote...

Sorry if that was confusing. No offense was intended...

Neither you nor LMan offended me. I thought it was all quite amusing, actually.

Not everybody is in it to make a buck. Opentracker is a prime example. Even after opening ORP, he still helps people build what he sells. There is a thread just a couple days old that proves his willingness to help a fellow enthusiast out. I don't have anything against someone that is not willing to give details out, but respectfully declining or not answering at all would be the professional thing to do IMO. I took time to measure out 99-04 brackets for a Granada spindle/rotor and don't care if it is copied by anyone. I never posted blueprints, but I believe all the measurements are on my Cardomain site.

I totally agree with your comments on opentracker. he gave me a great tip for my control arm shafts, when i could not get those poorly designed things to screw in. and through looking at his web site i saw something that i never thought i would have needed in the little tab to keep the hex nuts from turning out. although i went about it another way than he did i feel bad about getting the idea from his work. i wanted to powdercoat my arms so my design bolts on while his is welded after assembly. i think i may send him a set of mine to see if he wants to use my design in his products since i barely find enough time to work on my own stuff much less try to sell it

also on the brackets you made, did anyone copy those? I might like to buy a set of those or will maybe have to build some. i have granada spindles and would like to put on cobra calipers, are the 99-04 calipers dual pistons?are they much of an upgrade ? or is it mostly looks?

I totally agree with your comments on opentracker. he gave me a great tip for my control arm shafts, when i could not get those poorly designed things to screw in. and through looking at his web site i saw something that i never thought i would have needed in the little tab to keep the hex nuts from turning out. although i went about it another way than he did i feel bad about getting the idea from his work. i wanted to powdercoat my arms so my design bolts on while his is welded after assembly. i think i may send him a set of mine to see if he wants to use my design in his products since i barely find enough time to work on my own stuff much less try to sell it

also on the brackets you made, did anyone copy those? I might like to buy a set of those or will maybe have to build some. i have granada spindles and would like to put on cobra calipers, are the 99-04 calipers dual pistons?are they much of an upgrade ? or is it mostly looks?

his bracket setup is pretty nice and i may end up copying it depending on what brakes i end up going with. here's a link to the pics of his brackets

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2435094/2

I never ran the Granada calipers so I can not comment on if they are an upgrade. The main thing I like is the selection of brake pads. If you can come up with a 13" rotor that will work with a Granada spindle, Cobra calipers would bolt right on. I would not make another set, but I am now running 15" wheel. I would buy one that Degins is making.