Best sounding and flowing exhaust system for 5.0 ? 2.5" 3" ??

• Sponsors (?)

Want the truth I love the Hooker Aero chambers or if you want a really unique sound get Bassani, they is just weird soundin. I say hooker because they are esentially a straight through muffler with a twist. Sound beautiful and work awesome and they arent too loud either. Great product from a great company IMO. Reason I used flow pro is becaus I had them already.

just get the Mac catback and be fricken done with it..LOL...and you seem really conserned about it being legal? you have a off road H..so its not legal no matter what mufflers you have...and i have a video clip of a guys car with race bullets pulling out of his drive way and geting on it..its not even close to as loud as the vids mike posted..those cars sounded like they had quite a bit done to them...

Mike..that vid of the greenish blue car you posted..was what with tails or dumped?

Attachments

• areo chamber hooker.JPG
    areo chamber hooker.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 93
mike - thats good..i hope it performs the way you want....i notice a increase on my motor with it..but still had stock heads and cam so it wasnt much

id like to get the mac 3 inch full cat back..but i think the tails would rub my tires? need something...cause with my 3 inch exhaust and dumps its to loud for street driving

No problem Mike. Everybody has their likes and dislikes. I think your car sounds awesome by the way. :nice: The only mufflers I really dislike are Flows, everything else pretty much sounds good to me. I think with my next stang I'm going to give Dynomax race bullets a shot since I have a set laying around. My gut tells me I'm going to buy another set of Magnaflows or maybe even Magnapacks with side exits.

-Dave

billetunderwear said:
No problem Mike. Everybody has their likes and dislikes. I think your car sounds awesome by the way. :nice: The only mufflers I really dislike are Flows, everything else pretty much sounds good to me. I think with my next stang I'm going to give Dynomax race bullets a shot since I have a set laying around. My gut tells me I'm going to buy another set of Magnaflows or maybe even Magnapacks with side exits.

-Dave

True. I really don't like the flowmasters.

Does your car have the CATS on it. It sounds quiet. I just heard another car with Magna's and it was quite a bit louder and didnt sound too bad.

THE VIDEO I POSTED IS NOT MY CAR. It is another guys that posts on this site.

DemonGT said:
i have two vids of the bullits ..one of it idleing and one of it pulling out of a drive way geting on it...dont know how to send them though...i can try to put them on my .....mmmm i will check around

update: ok i uploaded them..first is of the car idleing and second is him geting on it

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan/dynomaxbullet2.mpeg
www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan/dynomaxbullets.mpeg

That car must not have off-road exhaust. Mine sounds much louder and better at an idle. It sounds alot better than that. I know its hard to tell through a video but when he stomped on the car it didnt seem as loud or as crisp as mine.

DO you know if that was legal exhaust?

nope..i dont..all i know is it had the bullets...im pretty sure thats offroad exhaust..my full mac exhaust i had on my old motor was about that loud...i know its to loud for having legal exhaust

mike keirstead said:
True. I really don't like the flowmasters.

THE VIDEO I POSTED IS NOT MY CAR. It is another guys that posts on this site.

Oh ok, sorry for the mix-up. I didn't read the whole thread very carefully. Anyway, that clip of my car was when it was totally stock except for the catback. The catback was the first modification I did. I do have a couple of crappy clips of it with the longtubes and x pipe, here they are :
http://whitecocoa.com/dave/idlefrombehind.mpg
http://whitecocoa.com/dave/inside.mpg