check out my notch, opinions welcome

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
hey, i've made a few posts recently and i wanted to let you guys see what i've been working on, with your help and advice, of course :D

1991 LX Notch 5.0 HO... amazing deal, i bought it bone stock last month with 47k original documented miles, California car, no rust whatsoever, interior smells new, i was told by amost everyone i know "DO NOT MOD THE CAR, SELL IT ON eBAY" but what fun is that???

so far i've done BBK underdrive pulleys, BBK cold air intake, BBK short throw shifter, BBK longtube headers and MAC prochamber... this month I'll be doing a BBK 70mm throttle body, 76 mm C&L MAF, 3:73 gears (with speedo calibration gear), and 24 lb injectors

1000914lg9.th.jpg

1000917cp2.th.jpg

coming soon, heads/cam/intake, aluminum driveshaft with loop, strut tower brace and subframe connectors, dyno tune, 4 inch cowl, and flowmaster 10 series dumps

thanks for looking let me know what you think!

Attachments

• 1000914lg9.th.jpg
    1000914lg9.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1000917cp2.th.jpg
    1000917cp2.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

Yea, if you do dump it....do NOT go with Dronemas....er, Flowmasters. Go with a "quieter" high flowing, NON chambered muffler. Flowmasters dumped sound horrible...in my opinion. Dynomax Turboflows sound good dumped.

i would rather go with a cobra hood instead of a 4 inch but that me i would leave the stainless tail pipes and get some dynomax race bullet muffs i had em on my LX hatch and loved them but then again it is your car word to the wise don't let anyone drive it :nono: my BRO TOTTTTTTTTLED mine :jaw:

4-inch hood = :puke: unless you've got a reason to have it. Remember, you asked for opinions. Mine is that a coupe doesn't need body mods.

It's a really sweet car. If it was mine, I'd lower it, leave the tails and find some nicer wheels.

It's a good looking car the way it sits.
A 4 inch cowl hood is going to be way overkill, leave the stock hood.
And certainly don't dump the exhaust, part of the beauty of an lx is the exhaust pipes, people have been trying to duplicate the look on other cars for years, and they just can't.
On a notch, less is more.

hahah i knew in posting this that i was gonna get the most heat for the 4" cowl and the dumps... those two things are still very up in the air, i have 40 series flows on the car now and i'm most definitely doing the motor and suspension work before i do the hood or the exhaust, but thanks for all the opinions guys! anybody else that comes across this post feel free to tell me what you think!!

Personally I hate cowl hoods on foxes, I only like the 1.5 in cowl on a fox. Get a catback with 3 in tips, and lower it with 18 in wheels. :nice: Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard exhaust gases corrode the underbody under time with dumps, I wouldnt want to do that to a pristine 5.0 like that.

Personally I hate cowl hoods on foxes, I only like the 1.5 in cowl on a fox. Get a catback with 3 in tips, and lower it with 18 in wheels. :nice: Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard exhaust gases corrode the underbody under time with dumps, I wouldnt want to do that to a pristine 5.0 like that.

I dunno about eroding but it does make a nasty black mess on the rear end....something i sure wouldn't want with a low mileage car.