Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

well here I am stuck at work until 2am tomorrow..... I hate event nights... so I may as well ramble on in here. I am currently building my non bellybutton intake manifold, however I will withhold pictures of the product in construction until it is completed... I get very nitpicky about things and sometimes I change direction mid project after sleeping on an idea.... so hopefully I will have something for you within a week.

my vacation starts on sunday!!!! so maybe I will get some time to strip the engine bay of the wiring harness and all non essential stuff to clean scrub and paint it. the dang CC plates are in the way..... so maybe I will pull the tires and remove the coilovers to paint that area. while I'm in there I will install new CC plates the BBK ones I have are not meant for coilovers. then while the tires and wheel well liners are out I may as well do a small wire tuck.... See where this is going... I may never drive this car again.

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the cc plates on the way, UPR talked me into the 7075 billet aluminum ones.

I also got my trigger wheel back from the machine shop, oh yeah time to fabricate some shiz..

Also have the intake about 80% done.....

Teaser
20171010_175514.jpg

Of course I still haven't whipped the grinder out yet..... powder coat in the future

Reactions: 2 users
Did I mention I was on vacation? AND last night was my anniversary.... so in the spirit of keeping my wife happy we went to the most expensive steakhouse I could think of. Berns.... this place was amazing suit and tie kind of place, you will not eat there without a reservation made months in advance... You walk in and there is no shortage of nice looking hostesses waiting to help you, we got there early so a hostess took us to the bar AND found us seats. We enjoyed a cocktail while we waited and were treated to a lobster appetizer.... while we saw people enter for dinner without the proper attire.... they were not seated in the dinning room, they were moved to the lounge area.

We get called for dinner. We sit down and are greeted by our personal waiter, that's right we got a waiter for just our table... and he knew his chit when it came to everything fine dinning. Shannon wanted seafood so she ordered the Seared Tuna, sushi grade tuna with wasabi potatoes and some kind of salad stuff. [turns out she wasn't very fond of the potatoes although she didn't say anything about that at dinner]..... I ordered the Steak and lobster... I tell ya what that was an amazing meal. it started with the usual soup and salad and the waiter made sure the drinks didn't run out.
Afterward they gave us a tour of the kitchen and the wine cellar, which is the largest privately owned collection anywhere. which is cool I guess I'm not much of a wine guy. Then we are moved to the dessert room same kind of service as the dinning room, we shared a crème brulle.
Most expensive meal ever. could have fed a family of four for a month.

We move forward to today, I am taking her to the Halloween horror nights RIP tour... no waiting in lines express lane service. Ill be honest I don't have the patience to wait in line for 3hours to see a damn haunted house so this is a great option for me as well. she is stoked we are getting ready to leave now and head that direction [I don't know why we need to leave hours early except I think she plans to drag me around shopping beforehand]

So here is to today and all the fun she is going to have.

I have things on the way to work on the car, lengths of automotive wire for redoing the harness and the small wire tuck I am planning. This will allow me to properly wire the Fuse/relay box I have waiting to go in for the extras I have installed. I also got the WMETH tank in the mail so I will be mocking that stuff up sometime soon hopefully. lets not forget the cleaning and painting of the engine bay that will be happening soon, the bay will officially look better than the outside of the car.

Reactions: 5 users
My AC stuff was super cheap from advance auto....that was a couple years ago...

You have all the needed brackets for the compressor. They're in the pic.

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket condensers. They seem to be thinner than the OEM. Do you have the condenser brackets ?

My AC stuff was super cheap from advance auto....that was a couple years ago...

You have all the needed brackets for the compressor. They're in the pic.

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket condensers. They seem to be thinner than the OEM. Do you have the condenser brackets ?
I don't believe so. I will have to check, not even sure what they look like.:rolleyes:

Today as pictured above I stripped the engine bay of all the non essentials and everything else I could easily.
No easy task mind you as last night I spent five hours walking, endlessly walking around Disney springs. This place is basically a massive outside mall with all things Disney related and is pretty cool. They have the House of Blues, Splitsville and many other cool places. After that we went to Halloween Horror nights at Universal Orlando, the whole event was awesome. We did the RIP tour which is VIP treatment for the night. We skipped every line and got to ride every ride along with all 9 haunted houses. Best house of the night by far was the new Scarecrow house and the last Bill and Ted awesome Halloween adventure is this year. Great great show. I suggest doing the VIP if you ever go I can't see myself ever going as a normal guest after yesterday. We got home at 4 am.

I finished pressurewashing the engine bay a few hours ago and let it dry while I pressurewashed the house.... you guessed it she saw me with the machine out and I got roped into it.... rest of the afternoon was forfeit at that point. I have her talked into helping me scuff the bay down in the morning though.:D

Reactions: 1 users