Exhaust Question?!?!

MarcoCapone

Aug 6, 2003
Hi! I currently have a bone stock 2002 GT 5 Spd (except for a MAC catback and FRPP "C" Springs) and I started to look for a better exhaust system there are my choice for now:

MAC all the ways:

Total (I'll keep my catback with this setup): 739.90 (uncoated lt)
859.90 (ceramic lt)

BBK all the ways (except for catback):

Total (I'll keep my catback with this setup): 739.90 (uncoated lt)
839.90 (ceramic lt)

SLP all the ways:

Total : 1668.85 (with catback) 1153.90 (without catback)

Now here is my problem, I know SLP offer a better quality then the other but If i go MAC or BBK I can almost buy myself a good set of cam for the same price as the SLP setup....So I need your help...I want a deep exhaust tone and some good performance gain?!? How much do you think a full exhaust like those should give on a stock 2002 GT and what about the sound?!? I want it as deep as possible!

Thank for reading!

P.S.: I know I should do 4.10 and Short Throw before...but this I already know! I'm just trying to decide on wich exhaust setup!

• Sponsors (?)

your exhaust choices offer different sounds, please take into consideration how they sound before making your decision

about half the people on here will tell u to get gears and a short throw first, however that too is all preference, if u think u dont need them right now, dont worry about it

do you want your car to sound nice? or do u want it to go 5 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile?

I'm already getting a MGW short throw and FRPP 4.10 before I do the exhaust...I was just asking if the greater performance gain of the SLP setup over my others choices was worth the extra money (~800$) and what kind of gain I should see from a complete exhaust system LT + catted H-pipes on a bone stock 5Spd 4.6L.... With the fact that my best 1/4 (100% stock with air silencer, paper filter, spare tire and a full tank of gas) was [email protected] MPH with tons of wheels spin off the line and a crapy 2.227 60 ft.

well youre on the right track as far as midpipe, u want an hpipe for a deep sound

MAC longtubes:

somepeople love em, some hate them. a lot of people have them but rust after a year if not treated. others have had serious engine proplems with pieces of the header breaking off. the rest that have them couldnt be happier

BBK:

i have an full length X-pipe with cats from them. quality made and im happy with it. a lot of people think it sounds like crap. i couldnt see them dropping the ball on their hpipe

SLP:

i have their loudmouth exhaust on my car, superior quality and ease of install. if you want quality products buy slp. some peoples opinions state that slp should only be for camaros and what not, as you can see i dont give a **** :D

each company has their ups and downs, it is all up to what you want