Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Today I got ALL OF THE THINGS in the mail.:D
To recap the madness going on inside here mostly me talking to me. I have opted to get correct c.c. plates for the car, insert picture of UPR billet aluminum stuff
20171014_191321.jpg
oh these will look so good in that semi gloss engine bay.
I also decided to rewire all the extras that I put into the car fans, Wmeth, fog lights will now come thru a fuse/relay box. I will be detailing this as I build it out. I also ordered runs of GLX automotive wire to build a mini harness for the extras coming out of the megasquirt. I do not wish to mangle the factory wiring any further than I must. So my fan, WB, Wmeth outputs will be in there own harness along with a few spares and the input from a Hobbs switch I plan to implement for safety on the Wmeth system. I may even add a solenoid to the supercharger bypass to hold it open in the event the car is cold or under a certain tps position. O the possibilities..... oh and a knock sensor I'm adding one of those as well a simple gm one wire on/off type. Thanks to @xecute for the writeup on that.
I begin the wire tuck in the am.

Attachments

• 20171014_191300.jpg
    20171014_191300.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 2 users
Today I got ALL OF THE THINGS in the mail.:D
To recap the madness going on inside here mostly me talking to me. I have opted to get correct c.c. plates for the car, insert picture of UPR billet aluminum stuff
20171014_191321.jpg
oh these will look so good in that semi gloss engine bay.
I also decided to rewire all the extras that I put into the car fans, Wmeth, fog lights will now come thru a fuse/relay box. I will be detailing this as I build it out. I also ordered runs of GLX automotive wire to build a mini harness for the extras coming out of the megasquirt. I do not wish to mangle the factory wiring any further than I must. So my fan, WB, Wmeth outputs will be in there own harness along with a few spares and the input from a Hobbs switch I plan to implement for safety on the Wmeth system. I may even add a solenoid to the supercharger bypass to hold it open in the event the car is cold or under a certain tps position. O the possibilities..... oh and a knock sensor I'm adding one of those as well a simple gm one wire on/off type. Thanks to @xecute for the writeup on that.
I begin the wire tuck in the am.
[To recap the madness going on inside here mostly me talking to me. [/QUOTE]

Surely you remember HS American Lit......( or any of a multitude of other mind numbing " Why the hell do I need this sht for anyway?" classes that they made you take in HS)

Remember how the teacher may as well have been speaking in Mandarin....for all the good it was gonna do You? You didn't understand ( nor did you want to understand) the subject matter...

You've come full circle grasshopper.......now the student becomes the teacher..;)

Reactions: 1 users
[To recap the madness going on inside here mostly me talking to me.

Surely you remember HS American Lit......( or any of a multitude of other mind numbing " Why the hell do I need this sht for anyway?" classes that they made you take in HS)

Remember how the teacher may as well have been speaking in Mandarin....for all the good it was gonna do You? You didn't understand ( nor did you want to understand) the subject matter...

You've come full circle grasshopper.......now the student becomes the teacher..;)[/QUOTE]
Sooty what your saying is I need to learn mandarin:scratch:
And that no one cares one lick about what I'm doing in here. Noted:nice:
Still gonna talk

Last edited:
As usual I have worked myself up to the deadline my wife gave me for car stuff today. Now I must whip myself together in a matter of minutes for a dentist appointment and a bunch of other crap I could care less about....

I almost have the driver side wire tuck done, I still need to get some 3/8 hose to split in half to cover the body seam the wires run against and grab a few more of those metal hangers with the rubber insert... those are great for running battery cable. I extended some wires and mounted the stfarter relay down under the windshield washer tank (yes I grabbed up a tank). I bent the horn up out of the way and thru bolted the relay in place.

My plan is to run a battery cable around the front of the car with the headlight harness, this will end up at a wiring block for the relay box. From there a cable will run a short way to the passenger strut tower where I am mounting a 150A circuit breaker for the alternator cable. Some of this wiring will end up exposed out of necessity and convenience.
20171015_113652.jpg
20171016_135843.jpg
20171016_135825.jpg
I still need to fit the shield in here hopefully everything fits ok. I may also mount the water meth pump down here not sure yet having it in the bay will make adjustments easier.

Reactions: 3 users
As usual I have worked myself up to the deadline my wife gave me for car stuff today. Now I must whip myself together in a matter of minutes for a dentist appointment and a bunch of other crap I could care less about....

I almost have the driver side wire tuck done, I still need to get some 3/8 hose to split in half to cover the body seam the wires run against and grab a few more of those metal hangers with the rubber insert... those are great for running battery cable. I extended some wires and mounted the stfarter relay down under the windshield washer tank (yes I grabbed up a tank). I bent the horn up out of the way and thru bolted the relay in place.

My plan is to run a battery cable around the front of the car with the headlight harness, this will end up at a wiring block for the relay box. From there a cable will run a short way to the passenger strut tower where I am mounting a 150A circuit breaker for the alternator cable. Some of this wiring will end up exposed out of necessity and convenience.
20171015_113652.jpg
20171016_135843.jpg
20171016_135825.jpg
I still need to fit the shield in here hopefully everything fits ok. I may also mount the water meth pump down here not sure yet having it in the bay will make adjustments easier.

You would've got more done if you weren't talkin on the phone all day.

Today is my second day back from vacation.... I forgot how much work sucks:notnice:
I am working diligently at trying to get this wire tuck finished but like always other things need to be done as well. So I have replaced/rewired the fog light harness from the fuse block. I also ran a wire with the starter feed to trigger the relay on the mini starter, I have had it wired jumped for years and get that hanging bendix.

Circuit breaker for alternator after I get the fuse box in i will look at this again not really a big fan of the wire routing here
20171018_191005.jpg

Wiring up the fuse/relay box pinning every wire is time consuming.
20171018_202417.jpg

Thanks! its all the little things that really make a build come together, I want fresh paint on the car but its not in the cards. faded matte black is the look all winter [in Florida that's the only time you can put the top down and not sweat to death]

Reactions: 2 users
Youre making me wish I would have done a little of that while my engine was out. However, I do like that my bay still resembles a stock look with just a tubular GT40 intake. My one pet peeve is the harness on the passenger side that run up over the top of the CC plate. I may just try to do something there.

Youre making me wish I would have done a little of that while my engine was out. However, I do like that my bay still resembles a stock look with just a tubular GT40 intake. My one pet peeve is the harness on the passenger side that run up over the top of the CC plate. I may just try to do something there.
It's not as bad as you think, I did mine without removing the fenders