good wax?

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
Hawaii
I'm going to be buying some Zaino for my car :nice:, but I noticed that they don't sell waxes, only polishes. Should I put a layer over the polish to help preserve the finish?

Im buying zfx, z2, z5, z7, z10, and z18. Am I missing anything?

• Sponsors (?)

Stang|ess said:
I'm going to be buying some Zaino for my car :nice:, but I noticed that they don't sell waxes, only polishes. Should I put a layer over the polish to help preserve the finish?

Zaino is the ****z. Look up Joey Yuen in the phone book....he's a local distributor.

BTW, you need some Z-6 to use the clay bar, and in between the coats of Z-5. You don't really "need" the Z-2, but it's up to you. The ZP-C looks interesting too.

You don't need a wax after the Zaino, as it is a polymer polish that builds coats. Wax doesn't.

Stang|ess said:

i must be way out of the loop because i have no idea what the hell you guys are even talking about. Iguess i really have no clue about waxing. I always just wash my car dry it and put on two coats of wax. usually Mcguires, or turtle wax. I try everything. I like Mcguires and turtle wax the best though.

From what i told you guys, am i doing something wrong or can you suggest a better brand? I really feel uneducated.

san~man said:
Zaino is the ****z. Look up Joey Yuen in the phone book....he's a local distributor.

BTW, you need some Z-6 to use the clay bar, and in between the coats of Z-5. You don't really "need" the Z-2, but it's up to you. The ZP-C looks interesting too.

You don't need a wax after the Zaino, as it is a polymer polish that builds coats. Wax doesn't.

You ARE going to need Z2 as it IS the polymer sealant.:owned:

Oh, and here's a Klasse/Pinnacle shine (wheels waxed inside and out with same process):

Mustang099.jpg

Forum006.jpg

Forum002.jpg

d52bdd1b.jpg

Mustang003.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang099.jpg
    Mustang099.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Forum006.jpg
    Forum006.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Forum002.jpg
    Forum002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 107
  • d52bdd1b.jpg
    d52bdd1b.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Mustang003.jpg
    Mustang003.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 89
I was a big Meguiar's user but I decided to start using Poorboys products which turned out to be a lot better. Meguiar's are great when you need the product right away but they attract too much dust. The Poorboys does not seem to have the same problem.

I am a firm believer of Pinnacle products. I tried it for the first time with my Porter Cable polisher, and it worked AWESOME! Made my 10 year old paint look brand new! It did take a lot of time, but it is totally worth it!

-=NightHawk=- said:
1) Meguiars NXT Generation
2) Eagle NanoWax
3) Zymol
4) another Meguiars NXT Gen coat

30-40 hrs is a long time...

I'd spend upwards of 50 hrs. a week keeping the car as clean as possible. Next Mustang's going to be the same way.

V_Eight said:
I'd spend upwards of 50 hrs. a week keeping the car as clean as possible. Next Mustang's going to be the same way.

more power to you, i guess what i was trying to say is that i spend 15 hrs a week in the summer...i thought that was a lot but good lord, i dont think i can compete:nice: