Had to put my dog to sleep :(

Mansonozz, I feel for you. I had a similar situation happen to me about eight years ago. I had a purebreed dalmation that I had had for six years, he was very active and very large (100 lbs). I had him all through junior high and high school, he would only sleep with me on my bed or not at all. I went on my senior trip after graduation, when I left he was totaly normal, running around like crazy. Two days into my trip my mom called me and told me he suddenly couldn't move his rear legs and couldn't control his bowel movements or urine. I came home early because he really was basically family. The vet came and said he had developed spinal cancer and was permantly paralized in his hind legs. I watched him struggle for two days before I got up the courage to just let him go. He had a look in his eyes that said "just give me mercy." Our other dog, a cocker spaniel that I had had since I was eight, the night before we did it went in his room and laid down with him all night. They normaly didn't get along very well and it was strange. In the morning when the vet came to do it she sat outside the room and wimpered. After it was done she wouldn't leave his body until I picked her up and moved her aside so we could go bury him.

Anyone that says dogs are not conscious beings that feel emotion are nuts. My other dog ended up living to be 19 years old, and was much closer to me for the nine years I had her after the dalmation died. Niether of them can ever be fully replaced. I believe in the end we will see them again.

• Sponsors (?)